Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is what's going on.When my bike is cold the clutch feels good.When it warms up it gets free play in the lever.It shifts good warm and cold. The clutch still hooks up good,no chatter,no slip and it will stiil smoke the rear tire like it's on fire.I've flushed the old fluid out,bled all the air out and it still does it.I have used dot 4 fluid.Any thoughts? or just don't worry about it?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
All the bikes i've ever had/ridden i always noticed the freeplay increased as the bike warmed up. I always thought this was normal :confused: I've never worried about it before and i'm not going to let you trick me into worrying about it now :mad:

:D:D:D Ride safe friend

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has never done this before.It started on the way to the oyster run.Yours may do it because it is cable operated but the hydraulic ones are not.Two of my riding buddies have Raiders and they don't do it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ash tray's full causing excess heat transfer to the hydraulic hose. Thus increasing the I.D. of the hose and the fluid level drops as it displaces in the new large I.D...... Time to trade!!:D:D

But before you do I want ur add ons!!

Reckless batwing
Sony am/fm cd mp3 4 speakers w/500 watt amp
Refined cycle HR1 handle bar risers
Roadhouse slip on exhaust
K&N air filter with lid mod
Wahoo fabs engine guard
Mustang vintage solo seat
Wahoo fabs riders back rest
LED running lights front and rear

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I'm curious :confused: Is there any type of adjustment? There must be some sort of adjustment to compensate for clutch wear, self adjusting? Can you 'bleed' the system to get air bubbles out like a brake system?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Yes, you can bleed your clutch. There should be a bleeder near the slave cylinder.

·
Registered
389 Posts
If you pull the lever and tie with a zip tie and leave it overnite you should not have any more problems as these clutches are a bitch to get all of the air out and this lets the little bit to bleed back to the top of the master cylinder

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info I will give it a try 118.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts