Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here and need some help. I have a 99 V Star 1100 and when I am going down the road at higher speeds and give the bike gas the clutch seems to slip. When I roll back the throttle the RPMs increase and then the bike goes. Once the bike is accelerating, the RPMs decrease again. It's almost as if I am pulling in on the clutch lever or something. Has anyone else experienced this? Or is this something that needs to be fixed (clutch adjusted or replaced)

Please help, I am missing out on some great riding days :)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Has the bike had the oil changed with an "Energy Conserving" oil. Look in the little circle on the oil bottle. These friction modifiers can play havoc on a wet clutch. How many miles does the bike have on it?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am new here and need some help. I have a 99 V Star 1100 and when I am going down the road at higher speeds and give the bike gas the clutch seems to slip. When I roll back the throttle the RPMs increase and then the bike goes. Once the bike is accelerating, the RPMs decrease again. It's almost as if I am pulling in on the clutch lever or something. Has anyone else experienced this? Or is this something that needs to be fixed (clutch adjusted or replaced)

Please help, I am missing out on some great riding days :)
It could be the clutch, but I'd try an oil change first, unless you know for certain that it's not using energy saving oil.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Clutch

Kball,

Don't rull out the RPM or rev limitor. Not sure what kind of bike you are used to but the limiter is under 6,000 RPM.

Do you have some free play in the clutch lever? It should move just a little before starting to release the clutch.

The oil thing could be right, if you don't know change it.

http://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/v_star_1100_clutch.htm

In case you need springs or a clutch the above link might help.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts