Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I coudn't find any pictures of the revolution bags mounted with a backrest, and lucked out when a local place had the bags, so I could take a peek before buying them. The original mounts that came with the bags were about 3/4 of an inch too long with the backrest, and it caused a big gap between where the backrest rail sat and the edge of the bag. So, out came the grinder, and off went the 3/4 inch of extra material. Now they fit nice and snug, with enough space to open the flaps, but no real "extra" space between the bag and the backrest mount.

Very little space...plenty to clear the brake/belt/exhaust.

The left bag looks a little crooked in this shot, but it isn't. They flow nicely with the fender.

I really like the size, not all sorts of crazy huge, but plenty of space for most stuff. And they seem to really fit the lines of the bike.

NOt too shabby for a grand total of less than $250 shipped. :D

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Not bad!

But good luck putting up with all the static about going down the road with your Willie hanging out. Some people just won't be able to resist taking a shot (Stratowart, DonDar, Farmall, Sugar Bear, Jarhead1100 to name the usual suspects) but I think they look good.

Really.

Seriously....

:)

PS-

You can keep your Willie looking good by periodically applying mink oil...;)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Free willie, free willie. Hey those look great nice job.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know, that concerns me now. I mean, my willie is going to be hanging only a couple inches from the belt drive and the exhaust. Talk about two choices I don't want to pick between. :D

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
For the money, you did very good. During scooter detailing I've had the OEM bags off my strato-s and even tho they can detatch quickly and the brackets can come off without too much work, I prefer the strat as a bagger rather than Willie free.

I hope you can get the lighthouse keeper's daughter to try out the backrest one of these days. I just hope she doesn't claw at your willie trying to hang on :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh and you can HARDLEY notice the INSPECTION STICKER pasted to the chrome fork tube. Really IT'S HARDLEY NOTICEABLE :D
I can HARDLY notice that you cant spell. :D

Unfortunately, I don't see another option for my NYS sticker, or my parking sticker. They're not exactly stealthy to mount.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually ran an inspection plate on my Suzuki a couple years back, and had three different shops tell me that NYS doesn't allow them. (It would be simple to have one bike inspected, and move the plate to another bike). Booo.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Most shops will put the sticker on the plate as long as you have the vin# engraved in the back of the plate. It would have to be a real jerk off cop to give you a ticket for it. Technically the sticker has to be on the front left quadrant of the bike in plain view, so this plate complies with that. It's one of those grey areas that there is no clear cut law one way or the other, It's all in the interpretation of the law. I think that a judge would probably be pissed for wasting his time with this ticket. Now if you really pissed off the cop for riding like an a-hole and he has several other tickets he can write you then he can just add this one on and get to stick.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts