Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put new exhaust system in my 2002 1100 custom.
do to cosmetic issues with my stock header pipes I want to go with a full system. price restrictions have me looking at then Cobra low Boy Shotguns or the Classic Deluxe Slash-Cut.
anyone have any experience with these? I don't want them too obnoxiously loud.
also if anyone knows of any other brand pipes that would fall into that price range that I might look into.
and what air system would be a good complement to the new exhaust? I was leaning towards the Kuryakyn Hypercharger.
thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
I can't speak to the exhaust system question, but since you are thinking a full system, you will have to rejet the carbs. And putting on some kind of intake system with the exhaust definetely means rejetting so why not put on a pod system and get some real performance gains.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Keep your eyes open for a used set of pipes. They come up all the time.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
I put the Cobra Slashcut slip ons on my bike a few weeks ago, I know its not the full system..but obnoxiously loud, no way...love the sound, it really wakes the bike up and cars seem to notice me more. Being in Chicago thats a big thing to me. Love my Cobras. Only regret is not doing it sooner!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2010 XVS 1100 custom. I have fitted the Cobra Slash Cut pipes full system and the Kuryaken Pro R Hypercharger. The pipes look and sound great but I would prefer it if they were just a bit quieter. As for the Hypercharger I have had some problems with backfiring. The bike has been rejetted and the Hypercharger was fitted by a bike mechanic. There is also a small amount of oil which comes out the vent at the bottom of the air filter which I was told is because one of the scavenging lines which attach to the original filter is not used with the Kuryaken. But I still love the look of it. So overall...yeh I'm happy with the setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts