Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a cobra sissy bar on a 1300 tourer?

I tried doing it the other day but ran into problems with the bolts not being long enough. I have hard bags so I already have longer bolts because of the bag bracket. Adding in the sissy bar bracket and the bushing they provide, left it too short to screw into the fender. I tried looking for longer bolts at Lowes and found some but they aren't long enough and they're the longest ones they have.

Cobra sent "longer" bolts, but the whole setup doesn't seem to take into consideration the saddlebag bracket even though the online store I bought it from said it would fit a 1300 tourer.

My other thought is to not use the fender accent piece to save on depth for the bolt. It's hard to see the accent piece anyways with the bags on.

If someone else has another solution I love to hear it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I installed a Cobra Sissy bar on my 1300 Deluxe. It took some fiddling with the spacer bushings provided with the sissy bar but the supplied bolts did work. The stock chrome fender eyebrows did not work with the sissy bar mount. Left those off since they are hidden by the bags anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts