Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a set of Cobra speedster slashdowns second hand off eBay and am running into clearance issues with the master cylinder being in the way. It needs to be moved down to allow room for the exhaust but Cobras support tech said this shouldn't need to be moved. What am I doing wrong? I cannot ride with my new exhaust because of this and is becoming very frustrating.
Anyone else have this problem?

Btw the exhaust came with no brackets and I have had to fabricate brackets for it using stock brackets cut down and moved and welded but it sits where it should.

Help me.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please do. All he told me was there was the main bracket for the rear and a reservoir relocation bracket, never said there was a bracket for the master cylinder.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I must have had a brain fart last night. I was thinking of the brake reservoir. Master cylinder doesn't move. I'll check it out and see what the issue might be.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
166 Posts
Snapped a few pictures of the mounting bracket and the relocation bracket for the reservoir. Other than these, there was no further modification.

Mounting Bracket

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man! I wish I knew why mine was hitting the master cylinder, only thing I can figure is the exhaust might not have been for the 1100... This bites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts