Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice...I'm very interested in the mod...can you provide details...it looks killer!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Very nice custom look,I like it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The right side coil cover on the Deluxe is chrome.* On my Raider it was black.* I took the one off of my Raider and did the mod to it and liked the way it looked.* Then I removed it off of my Raider and put on
A air spike so I still had my Raider side cover sitting in my garage.* Well I just took off the chromed unit
And put my Black unit in it's place.* Here are a couple of pics.
Swomack

What footboards are those? They look amazing......

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That mesh and '113' coil cover mod looks totally awesome. Can you post some directions on how to duplicate such a thing... would love it for my Roadliner.
-Rick

I had done this mod to my Raider so I kept the template and reused it on this cover. I taped the whole face of the cover and placed the template. I used a jigsaw with a blade to cut like butter. Steady hand to cut and a good eye for the filing and your good to go. I used 1/16" thick perf aluminum for the screen.
Swomack

Here is a picture of my Stratoliner Deluxe side cover I also did.

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/swomack113/04a7bdb8.jpg

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had a number of guys ask me about this mod.
They like the look and want to do it to their's but they don't have the confidence to attempt it without the possibilities of ruining the cover.

If you like the mod and you want to have it done pm me.

Most of you have seen the black cover currently on my bike, and now this chromed cover.
My black cover was off of my Raider so I had both black and chrome to switch back and forth if I choose to.

A few had asked if I wanted to sell it they were interested.
I have already sold my black cover.
I think I'm going to sell my chrome unit as well.
If one of you want it pm me.

I'm doing another mod as soon as I can.
I'll show it off once it's done.
Lol
Swomack

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've had a number of guys ask me about this mod.
They like the look and want to do it to their's but they don't have the confidence to attempt it without the possibilities of ruining the cover.

If you like the mod and you want to have it done pm me.

Most of you have seen the black cover currently on my bike, and now this chromed cover.
My black cover was off of my Raider so I had both black and chrome to switch back and forth if I choose to.

A few had asked if I wanted to sell it they were interested.
I have already sold my black cover.
I think I'm going to sell my chrome unit as well.
If one of you want it pm me.

I'm doing another mod as soon as I can.
I'll show it off once it's done.
Lol
Swomack
I tried PM'ing you but but unable to, the message said you were not accepting PM's. Very much interested on the chrome piece with the dark mesh. How can I get my hands on one?
Thank you.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just wanted to throw this out there once again gents.
If you like this home mod on the side cover and want to have this done to your side cover simply just pm me and I can do this mod to your bikes cover.

I'm about ready to start my design on our bikes left cover next so keep an eye open for that. Once I complete my left cover I will post up some pictures.
Swomack

·
Registered
40 Posts
Swomack;please give us info where to send the cover and cost,i would buy a template if available.also where did you get the mesh and the 113.love what you have done .i sent you info on the gas cap mod ,hope you got it. Just cruisin. Bob z

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Swomack;please give us info where to send the cover and cost,i would buy a template if available.also where did you get the mesh and the 113.love what you have done .i sent you info on the gas cap mod ,hope you got it. Just cruisin. Bob z
Are you looking to mod your current side cover or are you looking for a black cover ?
Swomack

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Swomack I am interested in this mod. I've sent you a pm on this forum
Sorry guys but I haven't been on this forum for sometime.
I am very busy at work until the end of Nov.
From that point on I would consider doing some of these covers for you guys. I did the same mod to my Strat Deluxe chrome cover at it looked great. I sold that unit but here's a picture of what it looked like once it was complete. i can do any side cover on any bike. PM me if interested and at the end of Nov I will get back to you.
Thanks
Swomack

1 - 16 of 16 Posts