Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Royal Star Tour Deluxe
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm restoring a 2005 RSTD. The silver colored drive shaft has a bit of blistering and likely a bit of rust forming. I wanted to scrape this back and touch it up with the original sliver color. I have looked around the net and found a few color code charts, but they refer to the bike colors. I reckon this silver used on the drive shaft and the rear arm would be a pretty standard Yamaha color. Would appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
576 Posts
I do not have your answer but I do have options:

1. Contact Yamaha directly. I did this when I had issues seeing the full VIN on my 1981 XS650SH, They were quick and very helpful with my registration needs even sending me a certification letter that allowed me to get title and registration despite part of the VIN being missing on the OEM tag. Here is the link: Contact Us | Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.

2. Remove the drive shaft and strip it to bare meatal. Arrest any corrosion you find and re-prime the shaft. Then paint it with whatever color you wish, most silvers will do well and most of us will never know it unless you tell us. Then again, who says you have to go with silver?

Good luck and let us how you do solve your quest.

Reactions: Fraser and Lup69

·
Premium Member
2005 Royal Star Tour Deluxe
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Boog. Number 2 might be beyond my skill set. I'll contact Yamaha and give them the VIN as well and see if they can tell me the exact paint code. Contacting the manufacturer seems like an obvious thing to do, but sometimes I've found the big companies not too responsive. Good to hear you had a good experience with Yamaha. I'll give it a go.

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
576 Posts
@Fraser in the meantime, please go over to the "introduce yourself" thread and give us your riding history. And we love pictures too.

Reactions: Fraser
1 - 4 of 4 Posts