Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to Cabellas and bought a Columbia rain jacket (PFG line) and Cabellas house brand rain pants. Anyone have any experience with these brands and riding? Can't find any reviews from a motorcycle rider point of view. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Just went to Cabellas and bought a Columbia rain jacket (PFG line) and Cabellas house brand rain pants. Anyone have any experience with these brands and riding? Can't find any reviews from a motorcycle rider point of view. Thanks in advance.
I work at the Sports Authority. We carry Columbia and North Face. I bought the North face Resolve, and water beads right off it. I have worn it on my bike numerous times. It is windproof and water proof.

That being said, I love the Columbia brand. They are as good as Northface, and cheaper. Columbia makes a comparable jacket to the TNF Resolve. I forget what it's called. It's the one with the mesh lining. It should be waterproof, breathable, and wind resistant.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I work at the Sports Authority. We carry Columbia and North Face. I bought the North face Resolve, and water beads right off it. I have worn it on my bike numerous times. It is windproof and water proof.

That being said, I love the Columbia brand. They are as good as Northface, and cheaper. Columbia makes a comparable jacket to the TNF Resolve. I forget what it's called. It's the one with the mesh lining. It should be waterproof, breathable, and wind resistant.
Thanks for the reply. I am considering taking the Columbia back for a North Face. They are a little more expensive but the Columbia one that fit me in store has this big as Columbia on the arm-sleeve that I think is hideous. Nice clean all black look with the North Face but I wouldn't hesitate to wear that with some casual clothes.

Considering what I just said about exchanging the Columbia for North Face, the Columbia held up pretty nicely yesterday in a storm we got. Wasn't for sure if it was going to rain but it did. It didn't block the wind as nicely as I wanted. North Face was my first choice but you get what you pay for. North Face it is. Thanks again and enjoy the weekend ahead.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I am considering taking the Columbia back for a North Face. They are a little more expensive but the Columbia one that fit me in store has this big as Columbia on the arm-sleeve that I think is hideous. Nice clean all black look with the North Face but I wouldn't hesitate to wear that with some casual clothes.

Considering what I just said about exchanging the Columbia for North Face, the Columbia held up pretty nicely yesterday in a storm we got. Wasn't for sure if it was going to rain but it did. It didn't block the wind as nicely as I wanted. North Face was my first choice but you get what you pay for. North Face it is. Thanks again and enjoy the weekend ahead.
Northface and Under Armour are expensive, but both are excellent if you love to ride or be outdoors. On the bike I've been most comfortable in UA base layers, and Northface outerwear.

Also, if it is raining or seriously damp out then it's best to not have cotton layers. Synthetics that wick, (keep you warm or keep you cool are best).

With UA and TNF, you do pay more, but you should get a ton of performance that lasts.

Have fun!! Best to you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts