Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I may be coming back to the Star family, in the way of a band spanking new 2015 Raider Bullet. A local shop has one that has never had gas in it on a clearance price. I love the power and looks of my FJR but I cannot make it comfortable. I am tired of trying. So if the numbers come back like I want I should have it this week.. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
what is the issue with the Freaking Japanese Rocket 1300?

I noticed there seems to be no option for a drivers backrest,

other than that, I have been thinking of getting one...

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could not make the FJR comfortable. I was always leaning on my hands. I loved the power, but since I have a Goldwing I decided I did not need 2 touring bikes. After a new seat I will ne able to do serious miles on this bike.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,972 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Have fun with it!

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on the new ride. Have fun with it!
TYVM. I rode her in this morning, I did not realize it was going to rain today until I was most of the way in to work. Oh well.. lol Your not a biker if you do not ride in the rain sometimes.. lol

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
1853 cc, push rods, air cooled... very nice and simple engine design

its hard to believe that cowling can break the wind for the rider.

·
Super Moderator
6,491 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! That is one cool looking bike. You are going to have some fun on that bad boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well that was fast. hope you enjoy it.
You want to know another part of it.. This is honestly something that affected my decision... The people on this forum. On the FJR Forum most of the people seemed stuck up.. The people here are real. I met one person from the FJR Forum in person, he was a nice enough guy. I bought a Shad trunk from him. Just not my people. No one will get along with everyone, but I get along with more on here than I ever did there. Here if someone has a question it gets answered, I noticed over there if it was a common question it would be "try googling it".

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Cruiser bikes, touring bikes, and sport bikes generally attract very different kinds of people.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice bike. The Raider would be my second choice after my Vstar 1300. Ride safe.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk
The 1300 was high on my list. I was going between a 1300 deluxe a 2017 Fatboy S and this bike. The Fatboy lost because Harley would not deal with me. The Raider won between the other 2 because of its power. I got addicted to the power of the FJR.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, but what I love about my 1300 is it feels so light. Very well balanced. Power isn't a big deal to me. My favorite bikes are usually 650cc and under. I just got this bike because it was a massively good deal. Glad I got it.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk
It has been raining since I got the bike, so I have not been able to throw it around or even break it in yet. I only have 63 miles on it. For me to have a bike for 4 days and only have that on it says the weather has been crap. I have started her transformation into a solo bike. I removed the passenger seat and brackets. I have a rack ordered to go on it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Where is it being held at?
Maggie Valley, NC....go to RaiderRally.com...held every year - usually 40+ Raiders from all over, including Canada and the UK.

All riders and bikes welcome - be sure to mention Raider Rally when booking your room to get the promo discount.

The guy who runs it lives in Jax. Rally t-shirts should be on sale soon. Come on out - hope to see you there.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts