Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I confess that I don't spend a lot of time on this site. Since having registered back in about 2011 after purchasing a 950 tourer for my significant other, and having done mods such as electronic cruise and pillion and backrest removal and so on, I disappeared into the woodwork. Her bike has been good, she loves it, has 20 plus some odd thousand kilometers so far.
As my bike has since 2010 been an FLHTK, I have had no need to get onto the Yamaha site. I'm sure no one here wants to hear about how an FLHTK has fared in our family.
Some changes; although the FLHTK is still with us today, its days are numbered. I have just purchased a FJR1300ES, a new 2015, and my riding time will now be on something different. Main reason for the change to different riding style is that I no longer need the 2 up comfort of a full size tour bike, as she now quite enjoys being on her own wheels and does not want to sit behind me and watch me control what happens. So I've shed about 250 pounds of bike and gained 45 horsepower and two cylinders, plus some sporty handling, a definite plus, I think.
Now we just need to open this forum up to the other part of the Yammy family....:smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
160 Posts
having done mods such as electronic cruise
Please expand! I tried installing a Rostra system but I couldn't get the throttle cable in a good enough position that made me comfortable enough to risk my life. Could you possibly provide some photos?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Stose85,

The cruise I installed was/is a Rostra system, I forget what part number, but I will do some digging for you. I installed it behind the right hand side saddlebag (her bike is a touring model), where it is away from the engine heat and gives me a nice unfettered run to the throttle body. I made a cable housing end bracket that fits onto the top of the front cylinder head (backside). It has worked well, completely trouble free so far. The module holding/protecting bracket I made is out of about 16 gauge stainless sheet metal. I will get you some photos, although I may not be able to do that till the w.e. when I change out front and rear tires. If you text me at 2504270981 I can send some photos direct to your phone, as I have a heck of a time posting photos on forums. I will keep you posted.
On the other hand, bring the bike up and we can install it over a couple of cold ones! :)

Chek

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just noticed you're in BC I wonder if the texts will go through. I'll give it a shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts