Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got my supplies to do my an oil change but, I read the maintenance table and it states to change the transfer case oil. Uhhhh.... How and what do I put in it? This is the first air-cooled twin I've owned and I've never had to do any transfer case maintenance. :confused:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The book states gl4 but I put synthetic gl5 in mine. It only holds a shade over a half qt.I used a 75/90. Royale Purple is a good product.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Gear oil :D Fortunately the teenager has acne so just before he showers i spongue off the extra oils :eek: Gonna open for wholesale soon :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
You are one sick person.But that was a good one.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The book states gl4 but I put synthetic gl5 in mine. It only holds a shade over a half qt.I used a 75/90. Royale Purple is a good product.
Okay, so just drain and fill? Where do I drain and where do I fill. lol

·
Registered
1,452 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
That site has helped me a lot.You should be able to down load a manual from there.

·
Registered
254 Posts
this site helps me...lol... ROFLMAO...

other places have tricks to fill the transfer case back up. I used oil pump can, and the level hole to put it back in. Easier then taking off exhaust to get fill hole cover off.
Another maybe but it didn't work for me the piece of allen that I had was too long to fit in and let the cover off, maybe a shorter piece would have worked. Took plenty of pumps but got the oil in.

Ride Safe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts