Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on headsets for my new ride. Just purchased the fast one (Red) SVTC. I wear a half helmet and my passenger switches between a half and full face. Nothing fancy just so I can talk with her. I am having the BAM Sticks with Zombie baffles installed so I am guessing I will need a good set to hear above the motor.

Thanks

Jim "Lobo" Jerome

·
Registered
300 Posts
Looking for recommendations on headsets for my new ride. Just purchased the fast one (Red) SVTC. I wear a half helmet and my passenger switches between a half and full face. Nothing fancy just so I can talk with her. I am having the BAM Sticks with Zombie baffles installed so I am guessing I will need a good set to hear above the motor.

Thanks

Jim "Lobo" Jerome
Hey, Jim, I’m afraid I’ve got no advice for you on a comm system, but I’m curious about your plans for the BAM sticks. You just slapping ‘em on, or you going with an aftermarket tuner?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,679 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts

Thanks

Jim "Lobo" Jerome
Hey, Jim, I’m afraid I’ve got no advice for you on a comm system, but I’m curious about your plans for the BAM sticks. You just slapping ‘em on, or you going with an aftermarket tuner?
I don’t have any input on the headset but I am interested on the BAM sticks as well.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts

Thanks

Jim "Lobo" Jerome
I don’t have any input on the headset but I am interested on the BAM sticks as well.
Sam on the BAM sticks here! I kinda like the sound of the 1.75. They bark when you roll on the throttle otherwise they’re about as quiet as stock.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought the J&M (the series Yamaha uses, I think it is the 800 series) for my half helmet and it works really well. Also bought the set from J&M for a three quarter but I am struggling to find a three quarter helmet that fits my head :) with a inner liner shell that is thick enough to accommodate the wider ear pieces.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had the dealer get the tuner as part of the package. Once I get them installed I will post an update.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I bought the J&M (the series Yamaha uses, I think it is the 800 series) for my half helmet and it works really well. Also bought the set from J&M for a three quarter but I am struggling to find a three quarter helmet that fits my head 🙂 with a inner liner shell that is thick enough to accommodate the wider ear pieces.
Give the new Scorpion helmets a look.
I just bought 3/4 one. Great air flow, drop down recessed sunshield, removable washable liner. Very reasonable at around $150.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,679 Posts
I use an IMC headset with a 3/4 HJC 33 and a modular Speed and Strength 1310. Works great in both. My wife has a Hawk full face and also works. It's hard to get good pictures but hopefully you can see it fits.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I installed the J&M 800 series (universal) in my HJC, half helmets with the visor that hides in the lid..."IS" series? When the mike is open, wind noise is tough above 30mph, but we have found that tucking the mic up under the shield, between eye and ear, cuts that dramatically and does not require shouting...Mostly, though, I pull the trigger to talk, but I can hear my passenger without the com. at most speeds. If we are ripping up pavement, she doesn't say much until, "OK, that was fun; now, slow down..." It's nice to be able to listen to music through the headset without getting scowls or worrying about lowering the volume as we roll into town, so I suppose it's good. I have not had success with the VOX and the GPS...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts