Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I moved up from my 650 Classic to. Royal Star Venture!

Happened to have a coworker who moved to a new Victory and was selling his 99 Venture. He let me test drive it and even borrow it for a few days for the Mrs to enjoy the back seat (non existent on the 650).

Now to sell the 650... I’d love to hang on to it, love the colors and it’s in great shape but need to fund some house projects.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
what a great deal for you

I just got a 2000 royal star and I could not be happier. Just wish I had gotten one about 2 years ago.

I was tossed between that and a road star, I think the shaft drive and water cooling won me over.

Im keeping my VS650 for commuting and running errands with the trunk on the back, so I can keep my royal star stripped down naked and take it on longer rides where it really shines.

You should have no problem selling your 650 - they are excellent bikes with zero design issues. The only thing for me, now with 200 miles on my big 1300, my 650 suddenly feels a lot smaller.

The other great thing about having two bikes now, before when I had to work on my 650 and it was offline, I felt the need to get everything done quickly, so I could ride the next day. Having two bikes I can do some serious work or mods to one, without getting that feeling like bugs are crawling under my skin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts