Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1607 Posts

·
2,251 Posts
It's really incredible to actually see them when they're very active. Surreal.

And no, I can't see them from where I live. I used to live in the far north (above the treeline).

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,672 Posts
My wife is visiting my son in Eastland, Texas and just sent these sun set pictures.

·
2,251 Posts
We have several deer that hang around the rail yard. We're just inside city limits so they're safe from hunters and have become used to our equipment. Not unusual to see 4 or five a few car lengths away just standing and watching us work. This guy showed up a couple of weeks ago and I've seen him a few times. Since we can't have our phones (or any electronic devices) I could never get a picture. That rule doesn't apply to the truck drivers who come in so one of them snapped a few pics today. You can't see the building, but he is standing right in front of the gatehouse where everyone checks in (busiest place in the yard). Hard to tell from the pic but he looks like at least a 10 or 12 pointer, maybe 230 - 250 lbs. Not a pure albino, but still pretty unusual coloring.

·
Super Moderator
13,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,579
Researchers at the National Science Foundation announce that this is the first-ever picture of a black hole. The black hole is in the center of M87, a massive galaxy near the Virgo galaxy cluster 55 million light-years from Earth. It has a mass that is 6.5 billion times that of our sun.

1561 - 1580 of 1607 Posts