Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1661 - 1672 of 1672 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
that photo just made me realize the throttles on motorcycles are backwards

in a car you push the pedal forward to make the engine go faster
on a motorcycle you twist it backwards, towards you, to go faster

thats why there are so many videos of riders running WFO when the bike pulls them back and pulls the throttle wide open

if it twisted forward to go faster, that would not happen
Very true!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Kinda like shooting a large caliber automatic weapon. The more it kicks the harder you squeeze the trigger to hold on.
Best and most fun I’ve fired is the M60 belt fed machine gun. Fires at about 750-850 rounds per minute BUT because of the oil buffer in the stock, you can shoulder fire it pretty accurately because almost no recoil!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I shot a .308 with a 20 round clip. I am 6'2" 250 and was afraid to let go. Knocked me back abit. You ain't lived until you've shot an auto.
Yup, shot an M14 7.62mm NATO round (.308 cal) in full auto with 20 round mag.
You need to wrap your arm through the sling and then place your hand OVER the top of the heat shield and lean into it HARD before pulling the trigger. It WILL get away from you if you’re not careful.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
I shot a .308 with a 20 round clip. I am 6'2" 250 and was afraid to let go. Knocked me back abit. You ain't lived until you've shot an auto.
Yep. In the USAF, we had to qualify annually with the M16 but you were not allowed to use full auto. We’d sneak rounds not shot at qualifications and use full auto at the missile sites in the middle of no where in South Dakota. What Jack Rabbit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Very true!
that photo just made me realize the throttles on motorcycles are backwards

in a car you push the pedal forward to make the engine go faster
on a motorcycle you twist it backwards, towards you, to go faster

thats why there are so many videos of riders running WFO when the bike pulls them back and pulls the throttle wide open

if it twisted forward to go faster, that would not happen
also true why you don’t put a twist throttle on an atv. Don‘t want the atv to go wide open while holding on, on a climb.

·
2,370 Posts
also tru why you don’t put a twist throttle on an atv. Don‘t want the atv to go wide open while holding on, on a climb.
Same thing with snowmobiles.

1661 - 1672 of 1672 Posts