Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This seat has proven to be pretty comfortable so far, but I've only ridden it a couple hours at a time. After specifying, my weight (205lbs) and picking out the texture (black snake skin), the seat arrived in about 1.5 weeks. It wasn't a perfect fit, I had to shim up the front seat bracket with a couple washers to make it latch.

http://tweetphoto.com/10144717

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Seat latch

My Mustang seat is a little tricky to get latched also. If I get it in just the right position it latches easy, otherwise I struggle a little. Don't know if this might be the case with yours or not. With time as things seat together you may wind up removing those washers.

Dave

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope that is the case. I kept stacking washers until it latched, getting things to fit right would be nice. I didn't think there would be that much variance between bikes with the brackets & such, but I guess there is...

Mark.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Looking good

The seat really looks good. I wonder if the foam could be comming down on the side covers? I guess if after it latches there is no up down play in the latch it is OK.

Dave

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The seat seems to be settling in a bit, now there is some play in the latching, so I could try to remove one set of washers. There's no foam on the sides.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts