Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i got a 08 V-Star 1100 silverado earlier this year. Bikes been great and quite comfy for commuting and day rides. But i recently took a multi day 2000km or so trip on it and although it worked flawlessly my rear was hurtin for days after i got back. Seams after 3hrs or so in the saddle my fat ass (just shy of 300lbs) has completely compressed the padding in the stock seat and that seat pan aint too comfy.

So i gona save up and get a aftermarket seat but figured id ask whats the better option for a guy with some heft to him. I know comforts subjective but im more asking wich seats have thinker or tuffer foam or padding??

Took a short ride on a 750 honda shadow with a mustang and it was super nice and comfy but being it was a short ride i dont know how well its padding would have held up.

My old bike i installed a SUPER stiff seat for the same problem and altough it was much better than the stock seat on that bike it was still quite painful to ride on after a few hrs in the saddle even with breaks. But that was a Very different bike so its not a very good comparison.

Thanx guys

·
Registered
36 Posts
Two things of awesomeness here.

1# Corbin Or Mustang for a Fat Guy

2# Tinybear

gold dude Gold~!

sorry I can't help you with your questions, but if it helps I would be very interested in the answer myself.

I do have a buddy that is about 240 lbs and he has a Mustang and Raves about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
mustang

mustang seat are the best, most comfortable, most well built seats. the mustang seat is 2 inches wide than the corbin, which is even more reason for you to go with the mustang!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool thanx guys. Ordered up a Mustang from the dealer today should be seeing it in a few days.

Oh and thnx for the vote of awsomnes LOL. Name comes from every one calls my Tiny at work (im a Diesel mechanic for a living and the GO to guy for the heavy stuff). and i have a tattoo of a bear as well (Nick name from like kindergarden LOL).

·
Registered
9 Posts
TinyBear,

You will love the Mustang seat...I bought one recently and I'm about the same weight as you. I got the one with the backrest and now any soreness or stiffness is simply gone, no matter how long I ride.

The seat purchase was originally for my wife on the back...her butt was killing her after about an hour on the bike. Now, no pain at all. (Although I do miss the after-ride massage... ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts