Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone is staying healthy! This week has been crazy along with the world ending and no toilet paper my wife and I received two foster care placements. Very busy!

So the other day I got on my bike to start it and go to work it started just fine like it always does then died I didn't have the choke on. I went to restart it and it would not do anything just shows the red light like the kill switch is off. Checked all my wiring and pulled apart the started button and kill switch cleaned contacts and still nothing battery is a few months old and still good. Any ideas? Kinda feel I'm missing something dumb. This is a 97 royal star tour deluxe

·
Registered
399 Posts
Always a bummer I’d check the clutch switch and the kick stand switch. And do you have a voltmeter and have you checked the battery voltage and or loose battery connections? Also look at the starter connection to make sure it is clean also the main fuse on start relay.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,891 Posts
Check battery ground at frame. Remove, clean and replace. Hope the foster placements are settling in.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Congrats on the new additions! That is a great thing you and your wife are doing. Hope with all the activities going on in your world you get a chance to take a deep breath...saddle up and get a nice relaxing ride in! Have you made any progress with your bike?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not really I took apart the started button and kill switch to clean connections had the Springs and balls in a cup so I wouldn't loose them well one of the kids hit the cup it fell and in lost the Springs and small BBS for it so I just ordered a new one. Been crazy few weeks with the kids and my job changed me to nights while the covid 19 is going on to help fight people getting sick. I believe it's something dumb I get back 3 day weekend so I'm going to try to get it fixed.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I feel your pain. When my kids were young I made the switch to nights for a short time (2 years) so I could maneuver my way through the corporate maze to get where I wanted to be. It all worked out for me but it was tough on my wife to try and keep the young ones quiet so I could get some sleep during the day. Hang in there! Know that God is smiling on you for taking on the challenge of fostering!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I'm getting a few hours a night then getting up to help with the boys I'm tired but the boys are learning and adjusting. The weather is so nice right now too I hate not being able to ride.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Reminds me of a time when the kids were little i was installing a ceiling fan with the power on the way all good electricians do. The kids were playing loud. The more agitated i got the more i got zapped. I told them to just settle down for ten minutes and then you can go nuts. Got it done and then they went crazy. It was a good day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts