Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 377 Posts

·
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody been affected by this? We've had to shut down the online ordering of N95 respirators some guys were trying to buy us out nationwide. We are allowing I case per customer per day. It now is also coming down to protective suits and gloves. I was told by a customer in Stockton, Ca. His wife is Japanese that her parents told them that 3M 7048 is going for $100.00 a mask. It is not effective with the virus but some bad actors are pushing it as such.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Price gouging. People always wanting to make money on a bad situation.
Take simple precautions. Try and stay away from public places, wash your hands, don't touch your face or eyes, don't dine out are a few things that can help.
Get some driving gloves and use them if you go shopping. Wipe the cart handle off and shop when there are not a lot of people there. Early in the morning.
Some people are slobs and don't care.
I went to Lowe's last week and the guy in front of me paid with a 50 for 20 bucks worth of stuff.
The cashier that looked to be in his 50s reached in the register, licked his fingers and counted back the customers change.
BTW, the masks do nothing other than keep droplets from spreading from coughing or talking. A virus can still get through them.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,948 Posts
A lot of our parts come from China. The ships bringing the parts have been postponed or in quarantine. This is going to cause a shortage soon. We are already having to move inventory to different locations to ensure in stock of those items. Main category being effected is fiction, mainly rotors. This is going to effect all automotive retailers. I'd suggest if you were going to need a brake job on your car anytime soon, do it now.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Who would have guessed it?....single source supply chain with the just in time inventory philosophy....Single point of failure is very risky, short sighted and dangerous for everybody.. But I have faith that someone will come up with a vaccine soon and put the fears everybody has to bed...after all if there is a $$$$ incentive somebody will make it happen...If you have paid attention to the markets the last few days..The incentive is there for sure..

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
unless you are already sick, weak or have a compromised immune system you will be better off if you get the virus, like the flu, go thru it, and your immune system adapts to it

people that go around wearing masks and washing with alcohol wipes everywhere they go are making their immune system weak

those are the people who will die from the flu before they are sixty

if you want to do something:

eat well
exercise
keep your weight down within the body mass index normal range
take a walk in the cold for an hour everyday if you live in the north
meditate and clear your mind so you are not living in constant fear and anxiety
resolve the issues that cause you continued stress

·
Registered
644 Posts
People that have gotten this virus have gotten it again is why it is suspicious it is engineered.
Maybe payback for tariffs Trump imposed?
China also supplies the core ingredients for medicines, vaccines and vitamins which is scary.

·
Registered
644 Posts
unless you are already sick, weak or have a compromised immune system you will be better off if you get the virus, like the flu, go thru it, and your immune system adapts to it

people that go around wearing masks and washing with alcohol wipes everywhere they go are making their immune system weak

those are the people who will die from the flu before they are sixty

if you want to do something:

eat well
exercise
keep your weight down within the body mass index normal range
take a walk in the cold for an hour everyday if you live in the north
meditate and clear your mind so you are not living in constant fear and anxiety
resolve the issues that cause you continued stress
Take vitamin C, zinc and vitamin A will drastically help with immune system also.

·
Registered
644 Posts
And try your best not to lick the faces of strangers with a cough.😷
Quickest way this will spread will be through the school systems.
Kids bring home all sorts of illnesses and are glad to pass them along to the parents!

·
2,742 Posts
It's the flu. I will deal with it like I always have. I don't believe in masks and that hand sanitizer except for maybe in hospitals and other sensitive areas. Like KCW said, if you don't allow your immune system to come in contact with viruses it can't build a resistance to them. The flu has been hard on the elderly for a long time, and it will continue to be. This is simply a new strain that will eventually be dealt with with vaccines, like the H1N1 scare a few years back.

·
Registered
644 Posts
It's the flu. I will deal with it like I always have. I don't believe in masks and that hand sanitizer except for maybe in hospitals and other sensitive areas. Like KCW said, if you don't allow your immune system to come in contact with viruses it can't build a resistance to them. The flu has been hard on the elderly for a long time, and it will continue to be. This is simply a new strain that will eventually be dealt with with vaccines, like the H1N1 scare a few years back.
H1N1 they have a vaccine for.
A vaccine for Corona virus will take months.
Corona virus is an aggressive respiratory virus which could lead to pneumonia.
That's what most of the deaths are caused from.
China has an extremely high rate of smokers and the smog is atrocious.
Those are among of the high death rates.
I work at a hospital and we take precautions. I am vaccinated for everything you can think of.
We stay constant on our infectious control training.
Right now, we have people come in the ER that have flu like symptoms, they just put them in a separate room for testing and treatment. It's not a major containment or anything.
After they are released, it's disinfected and ultraviolet ozone generators are brought in the vacant rooms for an hour or so.
I do take my shoes off at the door when I get home because of microbes just as a precaution such as everyone should be doing after going to stores, etc.

My conclusion is don't smoke, wash your hands and use sanitary practices and get fresh air.
Don't sniff your exhaust pipes while bike is running.

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
People that have gotten this virus have gotten it again is why it is suspicious it is engineered.
I saw in the news there was one person who was released, still had a cough but tested negative

came back a week or two later and tested positive again

the testing is not that accurate, a sample of one does not indicate the virus repeats itself

since china has reported over 50,000 cases, one example of a person being re-infected is not notable.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I saw in the news there was one person who was released, still had a cough but tested negative

came back a week or two later and tested positive again

the testing is not that accurate, a sample of one does not indicate the virus repeats itself

since china has reported over 50,000 cases, one example of a person being re-infected is not notable.
Yeah I saw that too.
That person really wasn't completely virus free assumably.
Again, it has been brought up that could be an engineered virus.

Testing will get better over time I am sure.
China doesn't always tell the truth such as they had from the beginning.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you have a retirement plan based on investments I guarantee you are going to be affected. A month ago my financial planner called and suggested that we adjust our portfolio to make it lower risk in case of market drops so we did. I think he must have been expecting this based on reports coming out of China and such.

·
Registered
644 Posts
If you have a retirement plan based on investments I guarantee you are going to be affected. A month ago my financial planner called and suggested that we adjust our portfolio to make it lower risk in case of market drops so we did. I think he must have been expecting this based on reports coming out of China and such.
I can understand that.
Just like the beating everyone took in 2008.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yeah this is me....On the door step of retirement. Feeling like I just signed up for a couple more years due to my hesitancy of moving out of the market....

Grrrrrrrr...Procrastination......Grrrrrr...Turns out that light at the end of the tunnel was in fact another train....

·
Registered
54 Posts
I started a renovation job a few weeks ago and wanted dust masks for doing the demo work. The shelves in Home Depot and Lowes were bare. Nope no dust masks for the working guys because of some virus in china.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I started a renovation job a few weeks ago and wanted dust masks for doing the demo work. The shelves in Home Depot and Lowes were bare. Nope no dust masks for the working guys because of some virus in china.
I have 2 boxes. Large and small.
Going to put them on eBay for 100 bucks a mask! Lol.
People did the same thing for ebola.
  • Not only that, they don't stop a virus from the person wearing it. Only droplets, splatters and sprays from the enduser.

1 - 20 of 377 Posts