Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

261 - 280 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Thanks good to know i will check before i go to renew my drivers licence due end of may.
They are letting us do renewal online and any plates or registration that can't be online, they are relaxing and police have been notified not to give tickets.
I had to go in to finish bringing in documents for the real ID they are requiring now.

Makes me wonder how is jury duty going to work the next few months?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I need to get my real id also. All jury duty here has been suspended they won't start any new cases.
My dmv is about 25 miles from the county court house so it's not a problem.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I went to the DMV this morning and have several cops standing guard at the doors.
It is appointment only and turning people away.
I made my appointment Friday when it was posted on the local news website so I was allowed in.
Only 2 people at a time for your scheduled time slot.
They told me this week is all booked and into next week already.
Yes it’s a week or two out in Michigan too I need a plate for one bike but I can wait as the weather here is still crappie out two inches of snow last night. At least one of my bikes is all set. Now just need better weather.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,891 Posts
Appears things in Houston are about to get tightened up a bit more. Today I received email containing a letter stating I was employed by an essential business, basically a pass from the police to let me commute to work and back. Seems to be that a shelter at home is about to be announced.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Appears things in Houston are about to get tightened up a bit more. Today I received email containing a letter stating I was employed by an essential business, basically a pass from the police to let me commute to work and back. Seems to be that a shelter at home is about to be announced.
Why don't they lockdown the people that are infected instead of everyone?
Good agenda taking away constitutional rights.
This is getting rediculous.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,891 Posts
Why don't they lockdown the people that are infected instead of everyone?
Good agenda taking away constitutional rights.
This is getting rediculous.
Issue is without testing 100% of the population there is no way to know who is infected. The resources presently available is unable to accomplish this.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
the police are not stopping anyone

but if you are at work and someone shows up to see if people are suppose to be there, thats when you might have some 'splainin to do

you can go outside

you can go to the supermarket and drug store and gas stations...

you can go to the park and take a walk

at your own discretion

IF you have been tested and the test shows you are sick with the virus
then you will be ordered to stay home, and things might get nasty if you dont

·
Registered
399 Posts
Are lock down starts at midnight to night In Michigan and Ohio has already started as my son-in-law got his letter yesterday. So essential driving only food gas beer runs and hospital visits witch I hope to avoid.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Are lock down starts at midnight to night In Michigan and Ohio has already started as my son-in-law got his letter yesterday. So essential driving only food gas beer runs and hospital visits witch I hope to avoid.
Because viruses only come out at night.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Everyone is going to get this virus. 86% of all the population has it and does not even know.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Here is a story about South Korea and how they have been successful in making enough test kits for their entire country as well as other nations.
Their test costs $20.00. The one in US $1389.00
It's amazing what can be accomplished when greed is not involved.

Seegene is one of four domestic companies providing coronavirus test kits in South Korea.
But the company is also facing international demand from about 30 countries -- including Italy and Germany -- some of which are using Seegene's products on patients, Chun said.
At first, Seegene struggled to meet demand, but now it is coping.
The firm is making about 10,000 kits a week and each kit can test 100 patients. So it is making enough to test one million patients each week, at a cost of under $20 per test.
Noh Si-won, the executive director of corporate strategy, said it is the first time he has seen the company manufacturing at this scale.
The company has three months' worth of stock of other test kits, so it can meet demand for its preexisting orders for a month or two. But Chun said it was important for the company to continue making coronavirus test kits -- and the need goes beyond financial gains.
"We have to be providing or contributing one way or the other to figure it out as soon as possible. That's why (we supply to) the whole world," he says.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Here is a story about South Korea and how they have been successful in making enough test kits for their entire country as well as other nations.
Their test costs $20.00. The one in US $1389.00
It's amazing what can be accomplished when greed is not involved.

Seegene is one of four domestic companies providing coronavirus test kits in South Korea.
But the company is also facing international demand from about 30 countries -- including Italy and Germany -- some of which are using Seegene's products on patients, Chun said.
At first, Seegene struggled to meet demand, but now it is coping.
The firm is making about 10,000 kits a week and each kit can test 100 patients. So it is making enough to test one million patients each week, at a cost of under $20 per test.
Noh Si-won, the executive director of corporate strategy, said it is the first time he has seen the company manufacturing at this scale.
The company has three months' worth of stock of other test kits, so it can meet demand for its preexisting orders for a month or two. But Chun said it was important for the company to continue making coronavirus test kits -- and the need goes beyond financial gains.
"We have to be providing or contributing one way or the other to figure it out as soon as possible. That's why (we supply to) the whole world," he says.
South Korea is not on lockdown also.
They haven't shutdown their economy.
They are testing and quarantine only the people that test positive.

·
Registered
465 Posts
South Korea is not on lockdown also.
They haven't shutdown their economy.
They are testing and quarantine only the people that test positive.
Yes, you are correct.
South Korean has great leadership, and the government took the threat seriously, and immediately took action.

261 - 280 of 360 Posts