Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

281 - 300 of 362 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,489 Posts

We now have to wear these when we are out of our cars, we’re not allowed to enter a residence unless it’s a violent domestic, homicide, or suicide. Limited traffic stops, no misdemeanor arrests just issue a citation. The jail is not accepting anyone unless it’s a violent felony.
All restaurants are drive thru only, gas stations and grocery stores are open but hours have been shortened. In Chattanooga the virus infected people have doubled since last Sunday.
We were originally told that Police, Firefighters, EMS, and medical personal could be tested at local hospitals for free. That was dropped because of the shortage of test kits. So I called and asked my Doctor and asked if I could come and get tested. He said according to CDC rules now in place, unless you have symptoms, no one can be tested. Oh well, I’ll use my masks and take a lot of vitamins.
How would my mask look if I drew smiley faces on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,335 Posts

We now have to wear these when we are out of our cars, we’re not allowed to enter a residence unless it’s a violent domestic, homicide, or suicide. Limited traffic stops, no misdemeanor arrests just issue a citation. The jail is not accepting anyone unless it’s a violent felony.
All restaurants are drive thru only, gas stations and grocery stores are open but hours have been shortened. In Chattanooga the virus infected people have doubled since last Sunday.
We were originally told that Police, Firefighters, EMS, and medical personal could be tested at local hospitals for free. That was dropped because of the shortage of test kits. So I called and asked my Doctor and asked if I could come and get tested. He said according to CDC rules now in place, unless you have symptoms, no one can be tested. Oh well, I’ll use my masks and take a lot of vitamins.

I think it would look a lot better if you had Monica draw it

·
Registered
465 Posts

Is that Darth Post or Keith Vader ?
Looks like you have so much stuff on that you could hardly move.

On a more serious note: glad you have masks available. They seem to be in short supply everywhere.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
all for not Keith, I think the real reason for you to be wearing that mask is not to protect you
its to protect the people you come in contact with

most people are staying home, only going out for food and meds, and have very little contact with other people

but the nature of your job is to interact with other people, many people, all day long

so if you think about it, the person most likely to be transporting the virus from one person to the next... is someone with a job like yours

They said early on these masks are not that effective protecting you from airborne virus, you would have to tape it to your face around the edges so all the air you breath goes thru it

what its very good at is if you cough or sneeze, most of the moisture coming out of your mouth will be caught by the mask - "most" is better than none.

Its like when you are undergoing an operation, the doctors and nurses put on the paper smocks and paper masks and gloves, not to keep them from being infected by you, but to keep them from getting germs and bacteria inside you during the operation. When they have to protect themselves from an infectious disease then they wear the full nasa space suit looking gear.

Those of us who are still working and are still out here have to constantly think of what we touch, where we sit, what we lean against... all day long

I think of it as if everything has been freshly painted - and you cant touch anything

and anytime I need to eat or drink or handle my personal things (like my computer keyboard) wash my hands with soapy water first (wash the paint off)

·
Super Moderator
6,489 Posts
I like the pizza mask, lol.
Glad admin thought ahead and got the masks. Monica could draw a good smiley face. I think either name would work, and I definitely didn’t want to draw a donut on my masks, lol

·
Registered
644 Posts
It's like living in a lawless land here. People speeding, running red lights, driving like maniacs because cops are doing nothing for low level offenses.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,891 Posts
It's like living in a lawless land here. People speeding, running red lights, driving like maniacs because cops are doing nothing for low level offenses.
That's Houston on a regular basis. I think it's actually calmed things down around here, less than half the people are on the roads.

·
Registered
949 Posts
The crazy drivers must be out looking for their TP supply! I have noticed less traffic here in Columbus but it has Banking, Insurance, The State Capital....so it is close to being business as usual here. We get a bunch of truck traffic through this region as 46% of the population live within a 8 or 10 hour drive of Columbus.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,891 Posts
Come to Houston if you want traffic and people.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I went for a drive around town last weekend. All the restaurants empty, harbor freight that is usually packed had like 3 cars there, Hotels empty but Sam's club and grocery stores busy.
The gun stores were busy too.
I had to get fresh vegetables for my doomsday food.
Dutch oven vegetable beef soup.

Attachments

·
Registered
949 Posts
Thanks for the invite but I am good here! I liked Columbus the way it used to be. Much smaller and friendlier. If I could hop in the time machine I would turn Columbus back about 30 years or more...Big Cities....Not for me...

·
2,729 Posts
That's what I like about where I live. I'm in a town across the river from 2 cities. We have the biggest metro region in the province with around 100,000 people. Total for the province is around 500,000. I've spent time in Toronto, where a 10 mile commute takes two hours. No thanks.

281 - 300 of 362 Posts