Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

301 - 320 of 384 Posts

·
2,788 Posts
That's what I like about where I live. I'm in a town across the river from 2 cities. We have the biggest metro region in the province with around 100,000 people. Total for the province is around 500,000. I've spent time in Toronto, where a 10 mile commute takes two hours. No thanks.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well we got the official order to self quarantine for 21 days but we're considered an essential business.
Interesting an employee went to hr and said he does not want to get sick or feel comfortable in a close environment with people and wanted to know if it could be voulentary.
An hour later the response from the CEO was yes, you can do the self quarantine but if you do, that will be considered your resignation and don't come back.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Well we got the official order to self quarantine for 21 days but we're considered an essential business.
Interesting an employee went to hr and said he does not want to get sick or feel comfortable in a close environment with people and wanted to know if it could be voulentary.
An hour later the response from the CEO was yes, you can do the self quarantine but if you do, that will be considered your resignation and don't come back.
What is it your do again Road_slug?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,491 Posts
Well we now have 3 confirmed deaths in the Chattanooga metro area. Reportedly the deaths resulted from people already in poor health when catching the virus.
Also supposedly 3 local deputies and their families are quarantined leaving vacancies on the street.
Calls for service are down however people are reacting in a negative manner. Yesterday afternoon a guy ran from all of our area agencies running over 100mph traveling northbound in southbound traffic lanes.
A lot of calls for sick people though. Also yesterday a 3yr old boy was found in the medium on our main highway through town all alone and wandered over a mile away from home. Parents never knew he was missing.
We’re being told that it’ll get worse before it gets better. I’m staying positive and fighting back against this virus! Stay safe everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
971 Posts
Headline from local newspaper: Corona virus Could lead to a baby boom OR more divorces
I told my daughter in law to get ready for some OT in Dec, Jan and Feb as she is a labor and delivery nurse...I expect there will be more than a few corona babies...

·
Registered
648 Posts
What is it your do again Road_slug?

I work at a hospital but the bean counters cut back on all the staff including doctors and nurses in January and now there is a shortage of staff and nobody wants to get sick and have not went back.
They have 2 doctors for a 300 bed hospital now.
I took on a job at a company that makes soaps, shampoos, lotions and cosmetics.
Right now our cash cow is hand sanitizer and running a line non stop.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,010 Posts
Deek, that's a bummer. Hopefully it doesn't last long.

·
Registered
971 Posts
They just lowered the boom today. found out i will be furloughed every other week until further notice.
Hope i can get some of that $600 a week unemployment
Thats not good but it is understandable. Keep the faith you will be back at work soon!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
@Deeksvstarclassic ... That'sa bummer!
The wife's been unemployed for 7 months. My savings is gone. My tax refund & the stimulus check better get here soon. Or I'll be talking with the mortgage company about how I can stay in my home.
So I feel you on the loss of income. It SUCKS!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
They just lowered the boom today. found out i will be furloughed every other week until further notice.
Hope i can get some of that $600 a week unemployment

When I worked at AB Dick ITEK we heard all the stories about independent printers who decided to print their own money.

One guy got arrested, the feds locked up his business location, he broke into his own office, and printed up more money for his bail and to pay his lawyer.

And arrested again: no bail the second time.

I think its something in the ink that gets to people....

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
@Deeksvstarclassic ... That'sa bummer!
The wife's been unemployed for 7 months. My savings is gone. My tax refund & the stimulus check better get here soon. Or I'll be talking with the mortgage company about how I can stay in my home.
pay your mortgage first

any other debts like credit cards you can let go for 6 months or more before they send them to a collection agency

and if worse comes to worse, only one company can garnish your wages at a time

talk to a credit counselor now before things get bad

Everyone feels like crap when they cant pay all their bills at the end of the month - get past that quick and find out what will really be a problem, and what you can let slide

and also do NOT talk to anyone that says "send your credit card payments to me, and I will deal with them and get them to dismiss 80% of what you owe"
they are ALL scams

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Thanks KCW i probably be one of the better offs. After 2008 the industry hit the skids. My wage went down by $8.50 an hour. The first thing i did was paid off the house. I have been fortunate to not live beyond my means. No car payments and only have a small balance on one card. I am pretty prepared for this. I guess as much as any one can be.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
KCW i remember the ols AB Dick days with itek plates. It was a much simpler time. Running an 11x17 duplicator. Now i am on a 6 color 47x64 press. The only thing that hasn't changed is i am still good looking!

301 - 320 of 384 Posts