Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

821 - 840 of 888 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,492 Posts
Here we go again, stay home order just released in Houston.

·
Administrator
13,869 Posts
i keep seeing articles about states that potentially want to "pause" their re-opening. how do you do that? tell everyone to "FREEZE!!" like a game of tag? the states have already re-opened. there's no more quarantine. so unless you revert back to the original quarantine/stay at home orders we had 3 months ago where all non-essential businesses are ordered to shut down again, i don't know what they're talking about.

·
7,492 Posts
Just received this phone alert:

Reactions: Jspree

·
Administrator
13,869 Posts
i guess that answers that. Texas just ordered all bars to be closed starting yesterday. They claim this is one of the main reasons for the recent spikes in new cases. Also saw an article that claimed many more youth are in the numbers for new cases, so maybe there's something there.

then there's this:

sheriff departments in several states actively telling citizens to defy governors' orders to wear masks in public. they claim constitutional rights. i wonder how many of these law enforcement personnel has ever ticketed a person for not wearing a seatbelt? is that constitutional to tell people to wear seatbelts for their own personal safety? is that somehow more constitutional than measures regarding the safety of entire communities versus one person at a time?

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
893 Posts
Seatbelt laws are wrong too IMO. Which is why we need more conservative court appointments.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,621 Posts
This “SCAMdemic” is out of control! The numbers are inflated, the lethality is inflated... all of it to control the populace and destroy the Trump economy.
FACT: I can walk out on the highway and get CREAMED by a semi truck and when they do the autopsy, they test me for Covid (never had any symptoms) it WILL be listed as a “COVID DEATH”. These are facts that have been proven and the number manipulation exposed. WHY you say, because they MUST keep the FEAR FACTOR high in order to keep draconian measures of restriction in place in order to promote the NEED for mail in ballots which will allow RAMPANT voter fraud.
This is all planned and designed for ONE PURPOSE... to put the Democrats back in power so that all their treasonous deeds and international money laundering scams do not get exposed.
The FLU is just as deadly as COVID, but do we lock down every flu season?
Pneumonia kills more people than this ever did.
if you really want to know what is really behind all this, then do some research on a CIA program from theVietnam era called “Operation Mockingbird”.
It will help you understand how that ALL the liberal news media within a matter of minutes are using THE SAME VERBAGE on any event. Because the guidelines of HOW to present a story have been given TO THEM.

·
Administrator
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #829
Wow! That is one of the funniest things I have ever read. It belongs in the joke thread. 124,000 dead in the U.S. and it is the liberals fault. Wow. Could it also be 5g's fault. If everyone would wear their masks it could prevent a lot of deaths instead of gathering in large groups to make one mans ego larger.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Please Chief Gunner DON'T walk out in the highway and get creamed by a truck. It's not that bad!

·
7,492 Posts
I've been a risk taker my entire life. I road raced motorcycles for years in a semi pro capacity, I've dragged race bikes for money. I've road raced and dragged raced cars for years on tracks in a competitive setting. I walked away from several bad bike and car wrecks driving in a competitive setting. This was due to proper safety gear. I recognized safety gear in these endeavors could save my life and I used them. I grew up wanting a edge on everything I do and still do. So my edge on life is having a polio vaccine, measles and mumps vaccine, Pneumonia vaccine, a flu vaccine, eating semi healthy, wearing seat belts, wearing a helmet, wearing boots, jacket and gloves on a motorcycle, not walking in front of moving cars, being careful when I'm on the roof, hopefully you are getting the idea. It's a long list of things I choose to do in order to have an edge on life, staying healthy and alive. Is this virus the worst thing out there, no. Are some numbers being miss labeled, probably. Are people dieing, YES. Are most deaths due to other health issues that Covid compounded that issue, yes. With all that said, the question that seems to have been raised here, "Is Covid real?" In my non medical, common sense, live experiences, YES. I've had personal experience these last few months of having friends die, who did have other health issue, but Covid weakened them to a point of death. I've done as much research on this topic as I can. I don't want to get Covid if I have tools not to. The documented best defense available to me today is using a face mask in public, distance myself from others and common sense hygiene. This is what I choose to do. If you choose to do other wise, please don't come around me. I choose not to associate with anyone who will not respect my simple requests of masks and distancing for the time being as a tool for me to stay healthy. For those who believe that Covid is not real, political in nature, a plot of the "Big folks" in the financial world or just fake overall, that's your choice and you have the right. I'm not debating anyone's beliefs. I find it extremely difficult to mourn the death of friends that were about to lick cancer, get Covid, and die, so believe it's real. Is there anyone else here that has had a friend die within the last few months, diagnosed with Covid and believe that Covid had no bearing on weakening that person's body in order to survive?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Too much fake news corrupts the mind and warps the soul.

For those who believe that Covid is not real, political in nature, a plot of the "Big folks" in the financial world or just fake overall, that's your choice and you have the right. I'm not debating anyone's beliefs. I find it extremely difficult to mourn the death of friends that were about to lick cancer, get Covid, and die, so believe it's real. Is there anyone else here that has had a friend die within the last few months, diagnosed with Covid and believe that Covid had no bearing on weakening that person's body in order to survive?
I had a friend of a friend that has died from the virus.
Spoke with a business acquaintance last week that said she had the virus back in March and was out of work for 3 weeks. At the time locally there were no tests available but she spoke with her Dr on the phone and he instructed her to quarantine because her symptoms were consistent with the virus. She said she was extremely sick for 2 weeks and couldn't get out of bed. Three months later she says she now has problems with her memory that she never had before. She is in her early 40's.
She will never be counted in the statistics because she wasn't tested because tests were not available.
I believe the numbers for the virus could be off because of folks like her. I think the numbers are much larger.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
893 Posts
I don't know anyone who has had it, but I did hear that an ex-ex-sister inlaw had it. Roughly my age, and she pulled through without hospitalization. It was rough though. Obviously have not known anyone personally who has died from it. No one at the company has got it. No one at the church has got it.

I still believe it is very real, and, somewhat of a threat. I still wear a mask when appropriate.

Les, I noticed of all those risk mitigation things you do, the only ones that are mandated by law are seat belts, helmets, and these new Covid practices of face mask and no gatherings. From my perspective, I may be more at risk riding a motorcycle than I am of contracting Covid. I still ride. I still wear a mask. I just don't think the government should force stuff like this, including seat belts and helmets. Personal responsibility should prevail.

No, I don't agree that Covid was created for political reasons. Anymore than I think the flu of 1918 was a political tactic. These things happen. Actually I never believe conspiracy theories. In my experience, nothing can ever be kept secret for long, especially not in government.

Do I think it is being played for maximum political effect? I absolutely do. The old, "never let a crisis go to waste", or however it goes. Both sides are playing it too, not just the left. Hell, that's just what politicians do. I would like it better if the left weren't so gleeful about the sad statistics, and I absolutely believe the press sleeps with the leftists. It has been that way my whole life, but they used to at least pretend to be balanced. With few exceptions, the press has decided Trump has to go and they don't even try to hide it anymore. There is much more to say about Trump versus the Press, but I'm going to skip it.

We are ALL stuck in the middle, and all we can do is decide for ourselves if a mask is worth it to keep ourselves and those we love alive. How will I live with myself if I choose not to do something so simple, and I bring the virus home and infect my wife? If I get it, she gets it too, just the way it is. Even so, I am going to piss and moan when the government sticks their ugly beak in my business.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I said I would not comment on this thread anymore a while back, mostly because of posts like the one about 5 or 6 places up. It makes me too upset and I don't want to say something I might regret. Since you asked though we have had 2 friends contract the virus. One in her 60's and failing health and the other in her late thirties and in seemingly good health. The odd thing is the older woman recovered without much issue but the younger lady was on a ventilator for 8 days and was in intensive care for 10 days. She was diagnosed in mid April and is still having major issues with her lungs and is still very weak. Take care and God Bless!

·
Registered
05 vstar1100
8 Posts
The mayor of Kansas City announced that masks are mandatory when in public areas. I believe this thing has been around a lot longer than what they are saying. This past Christmas I become very sick, thought I had flu, went to doctor, they did test, came back negative for flu but doctor said I must have it because I have all of the symptoms. He put me on meds but didn't seem to help. Took about 10 days b4 I finally started feeling better.

·
Administrator
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #836
ChiefGunner, Let me make sure I understand.
"FACT: I can walk out on the highway and get CREAMED by a semi truck and when they do the autopsy, they test me for Covid (never had any symptoms) it WILL be listed as a “COVID DEATH”."
You think that every doctor and nurse or coroner in the U.S. (Heroes) are part of a deep state conspiracy to falsify death records. The massive internal and external injuries that came about by walking out on the highway and getting CREAMED by a semi truck were caused by covid. Or does someone sneak into the hospitals and change the records at night?
"The numbers are inflated, the lethality is inflated... all of it to control the populace and destroy the Trump economy."This speaks for itself.
"WHY you say, because they MUST keep the FEAR FACTOR high in order to keep draconian measures of restriction in place in order to promote the NEED for mail in ballots which will allow RAMPANT voter fraud." I have voted by mail for 40 years President Trump has voted by mail and so has a lot of the people that are crying voter fraud. The military has used vote by mail for a lot of the overseas personal. Since you alone seem to know all of the facts can you please tell me where to look for rampant voter fraud I can't seem to find any in a lot of research that I have done. They know that the more people that vote the less chances for Trumps re-election. I would really like to hear how every doctor has been recruited and why Trump voted by mail if he thought his vote wouldn't count would be changed.

Thanks,

·
Registered
01, Roadstar 1600. /08 1700
54 Posts
i keep seeing articles about states that potentially want to "pause" their re-opening. how do you do that? tell everyone to "FREEZE!!" like a game of tag? the states have already re-opened. there's no more quarantine. so unless you revert back to the original quarantine/stay at home orders we had 3 months ago where all non-essential businesses are ordered to shut down again, i don't know what they're talking about.
We are all in the same storm but not the same boat. Can be hard to understand what others may be going through.

821 - 840 of 888 Posts