Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my starter clutch on the 2008 vstar 1100. When I put the crank case back on, I severed 5 wires from 2 harnesses. One harness has a grey wire and a black wire. One harness has 3 wires. The problem is they are all the same white color. How do I know which connects back to which?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Photos would be helpful.. I can tell you that the bundle of 3 white wires with black stripes are most likely the stator wires that go to the rectifier..

·
Registered
491 Posts
Looking at the diagrams again, you should have 3 white wires, 1 black and 1 red?.. The white wires can go to any of the three locations, but I'd try to connect them back where they were if you can get a pretty good idea. If there are markings on the wires, try to match up the space between the markings so you can get a good idea of which wire was where, but it shouldn't matter as they all produce the same thing, AC voltage. The black wire is a ground and the red wire appears to be a power wire..

GL!

eGo

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright. well for this one harness there is just 3 wires. There is a 2 wire harness that has a black and grey wire that you must be referring to. TY for the help. I may be able to line it up because the 3 white wires are in a triangle.

·
Registered
491 Posts
alright. well for this one harness there is just 3 wires. There is a 2 wire harness that has a black and grey wire that you must be referring to. TY for the help. I may be able to line it up because the 3 white wires are in a triangle.
No problem! :) GL!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts