Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have over the past few months been turning my first bike into a really cool bobber.... :)

any way i have gotten it were i can ride now other then a few miner things. but what gets me is that yesterday when i took her around the block there seems to be this really bad rattle with me speedo cable (it seems to be comeing out of that area) but only when it is reved to rpm to change gears.

And to be honest with ya its driveing me crazy

already tighten everything to max

PLEASE HELP :(

·
Registered
410 Posts
Simplest things first. Have you tried lubing the cable? Is the mounts loose? Does it follow the bike speed or the engine rpm? Bike speed speedo an associated parts. Engine rpm something else entirely. Go back and recheck all bolts and other parts that you removed or messed with, maybe something is loose.
Hope this helps. and good luck

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Cable

You are probably past this but I saw a past once the cable was just comming unscrewed from the bottom of the speedometer.
Dave

·
Registered
85 Posts
Check the screws in the bottom of your fuel cap. Mine rattled loose and fell in the tank. I realized it when the cap fell apart at a fuel stop. I tried tracking that rattle but never found it until this happend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts