Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I bought a $35 Universal Vista Cruise control kit to mount on my 2008 Road Star......doesn't seem to fit. I can mount the bracket to the handlebar, but it doens't extend out toward the rider enough for the crossbar to clear the ingition switch box.
Any body have this issue, and if so, any fixes, or do i just need to find another cruse control solution?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Throttle locker

Paul,

I see Vista calls this a cruise control, some call it a throttle locker. Because what it really does is lock the throttle in what ever position you have it in when you set it. By ignition switch do you mean the kill switch? Not important but might help you get your info.

Here is a link to Cruiser Customizing, they sell the Vista Cruise control and have a video on installing the Vista. Maybe it will help you.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?manufacturer_ID=291&category_ID=10&product_ID=9481

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah,thanks, i've seen the video.......by ingnition switch box i mean the housing that houses the kill switch and the ignition switch.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I have read some place that it wont fit a lot of the aftermarket grips with out a mod.I also did a search on roadstar clinic and found a lot of riders using it on there bikes so I must fit some how. Some throw the clamp away and screw it to the switch box. I know that is not much help but if all else fells I have a big hammer to loan out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you

Did you slide your front brake reservoir over so that the throttle lock is mounted between the kill housing and the reservoir?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts