Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my 03 1100 Classic Silverado just happened to be occupying a space that a pickup wanted. After he heard the crunch he stopped to see what happened. He said "I bumped your bike and moved it a little but it did not fall over". When I got there I could see that the bike "moved" backwards dragging the kickstand about 6 ft until it hit the curb with the rear wheel. After 3 estimates it will cost him $1,354.00 to fix. I am still riding it but looks goofy. Mangled front fender and bent up turn signals. Plus smashed tube covers and one tube needs replaced because of scuffing. I will have both tubes micro metered to make sure they are true. He is a good friend and he really feels bad. Just a word to the wise....this stuff is expensive! :eek:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well...at least you weren't on it at the time.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Something like this can hurt the friendship big time. Best of luck to you in getting your bike back to normal.
The only thing I have found in the past after a accented and bike is repaired, I still never look at the bike the same way again.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Thankfully he is a friend and was honest about it :) I've known people that would have just parked somewhere else and not said a word :mad:
Hope all works out well for you :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bike in ICU as we speak. Parts to arrive in 3 or 4 days. Should have it back by next Monday. Good as new they say. Hope so. This is the 2nd time for front end damage. Once more and I may consider this a bad luck bike. But it fits me soooo good! And they don't make them anymore.

·
Registered
94 Posts
That sucks to hear man. I always worry someone is gonna do that to mine, I try and park in the open so it be seen alittle easier, I know i have try to pull into a spot with my truck and there was a bike there hidden by the car next to it. Hope everything turns out good for ya!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
In a parking lot I try to put my bike more or less as close to travel lane better for it to be seen, that is only if I can't park it within 3 feet of the building I am going into. I also try to get a end spot when available try to stay away fromthe middle spots.

·
Registered
249 Posts
glad you are getting back and you werent injured, bikes are easier to fix

although vstar 1100 not marketed new in US , it is my understanding that there are plenty of parts for them and should be many years to come

1 - 11 of 11 Posts