Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for a handlebar mounted cup holder that will hold a 30 oz yeti type cup. I'm wanting to get everyone's opinion to see which would be the best purchase. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
My only suggestion is make sure you also get the Pilot Relief Tube - 30 oz.... YIKES!

I would not make it out of the parking lot.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol. That thing holds ice all day. I can't drink it all at once or I would have the same problem.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
its a fine balance on a road trip

Riders dont realize, that esp if you dont have a windshield, the air blast sucks the fluids out of your body and you will get dehydrated riding a MC in a few hours.

One indication of dehydration is strange, after riding all day your voice gets raspy and hoarse.

But yeah, between staying hydrated and having to stop every 40 miles to find a bathroom can spoil an otherwise beautiful day of riding.

as far as finding stuff, I usually look on amazon first, just to see whats out there and the price ranges. My normal site for MC stuff is BikeBandit.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I'll try them. I'm going to the bike rally that is here in town and I found one for $45 just didn't know if there was a cheaper option that anyone knew about

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
The trunk I bought on Amazon and put on the back of my bike cost less than $45... so YES!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked up one of these bad boys at the rally today for $20 fits the rambler and also hold a regular 16 oz water bottle...the arms flex out to accommodate larger cups. Well worth the money...made by chubby cups

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a Yeti 18oz. I found a chrome cup holder on Amazon that works. It has a 90 degree bend in it's attachment arm. So I zipped tied the passenger foot peg upright, and installed the cup holder on the foot peg. The Yeti is within reach, and not on the handlebar in my way. Being a diabetic, I drink a lot of fluid.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
thats not upside down

thats what it looks like from your perspective, when you reach down to grab the cup :^)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
LOL. Fantastic thread @tpeach66. Thanks for sharing your find, and others for sharing. I keep a small steel, insulated cup at my handle bars, then have a larger bottle of something in my saddle bags to refill. - Yeti stuff is sweet though. Can't blame you for wanting it at hand.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I actually use the Ozark trail brand from Walmart...it holds ice longer than the yeti plus it's cheaper $9 vs $40

1 - 14 of 14 Posts