Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My headlight was stolen and can't seem to find a replacement one for a 07 custom. My question is, does anyone know an aftermarket make that easily bolts up as a replacement or an easy way to fit the bottom mount headlights cause all the aftermarket ones seem to have an m10 bolt on the bottom that screws it in.

Cheers Josh

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I seen these but they're all international, so it would get a bit pricey with shipping. I'd be happy with a decent looking aftermarket one if it was an easy fit and could bolt up easy

·
Registered
100 Posts
There are any number of aftermarket and custom headlights on ebay for reasonable prices. You just have to decide how you want to mount it. Any type mount can be converted to work on the bike with a little fab work.

I'm not sure of the size headlight on the custom but the classic has a huge headlight and I think it looks great on the bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They cut all the wires to it and the turn signals. They took the whole assembly only leaving the mounting bracket.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fab work to fit an aftermarket one concerns me cause I'm unsure of how to do it.

The custom is a 5" I think and the classic is a 7"

·
Registered
100 Posts
If your able to do the wiring you need to get the light hooked back up then you'll have no problem making a different light fit. Just take your time and you'll get it done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I've redone all the wiring. Ok cool, might have a look at what after market lights I can get and see if I can workout a way to fit the assembly. Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts