Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it's possible to modify a 1100 V Star Classic with seating like the Royal Star Venture has? I've tried the "Ultimate Seat" and it allowed me to go about 15 minutes more than the stock seat did before starting to feel numbness. I've tried a Gel cushion with no success as well as another type of pad. The Venture's seating looks very comfortable, whether it is or not, I don't know. I shy away from long rides because of the discomfort. Also, would it be possible to have a trunk on the back too?

thanx

dpaugh

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure about modifying the Royal Star seats, although I have read somewhere about someone doing that...maybe another forum.

If you were to consider replacement seats, I can tell you that Corbin makes some kickass comfortable seats. I personally have the Yamaha Solo Seat made by Corbin for Yamaha and its the best.

It is a "hard" seat by comparison to the stock seats that come on the V-star, and it takes about 100 miles to form to your butt. I can ride many hours now, where before I could barely stand 45 min on the stock seat. After my windshield, the Solo Seat was my next best purchase for this bike..

Mustang makes some good seat replacements too.

I think the main problem with the stock seats is that they are just too "soft" or the cushion is too deep.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks vstar01

Thanks vstar01, the Ultimate seat is supposed to be every bit as good as the Mustang & Corbin. I looked at all of them. My son-in-law has a Mustang and he has some issues too. Just can't keep forking out the dough to try these seats. Royal Star Venture style looks my recliner. Sure looks like the answer. Oh well, I'll keep pursuing it.

thanx

dpaugh

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey dpaugh. You said you tried the 'ultimate seat' on your 1100. Is that what they list as the "comfort cruise" seat? I have a 950 tourer and am having the same problem. Good for about an hour and you're in pain. Was looking at the comfor cruise but didn't want to shell out the coin if it wasn't going to work. The Corbin for that model looks real nice but $700 is some serious coing to fork over.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cruzn50, I don't know if it has a specific name. I don't recall the company having various names or grades of seats. The "Ultimate Seat" is a great looking seat, it even has the V-Star logo on it. It has memory foam inside. If memory serves, it was around $350. Nice seat, helped a little. Last weekend I tried "beads" on a short trip to no avail. After being on the bike for a total of 3-4 hours (not non-stop) I was in extensive pain. Motorcycling is supposed to be fun, and it's a shame when the discomfort overshadows that. I'm considering the "Airhawk", but again, continually trying different things is not kind to the wallet. Oh well, there are worst things in life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts