Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m addressing this specifically to the SVTC/Eluder riders. Mostly cuz these bikes are so new there’s not a lot of aftermarket stuff out there yet.
What have you done to customize your ride and make it uniquely yours? Post some pics, share some ideas to help get others creativity flowing!!
Those of us who own these bikes love em, so let’s FLAUNT em a bit eh?!

That being said, I’ve recently had my lower saddlebag panels wrapped to match my seat. The last thing to get wrapped (gonna be tricky) is the gauge console. Yes, I’ll post pics when done.

·
Registered
104 Posts
--

On my Eluder: Grip Puppies foam hand grips, clear coat wrapping on all front facing panels, taller windshield. Soon adding a Rox handlebar extension.

--

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
--

On my Eluder: Grip Puppies foam hand grips, clear coat wrapping on all front facing panels, taller windshield. Soon adding a Rox handlebar extension.

--
Sounds really nice @RonK ! I know about using the clear coat & what the risers and windshield are... what are “Grip Puppies”? I don’t know much about the Eluders, but does that affect your heated grips?
Thanks for more info.
See... this is exactly what I’m talking about. No one person has all the inside track on what can be done with these bikes, so sharing this info benefits ALL owners!

I found a guy in a another forum who has custom made a set of black anodized brackets that mount at the front fender bolts. They’re for putting a set of bright LED torpedo lights which tie into your fog lights for the “on”. This addresses an issue when riding at night through corners.
The bikes headlights are GREAT for going straight, but since the fairing doesn’t turn... no light shines through the corner ahead. This will have light that turns with the forks to shine into the corner.

·
Registered
104 Posts
--

Chief, you're going to have to learn to use Google. It's you friend! :x

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=grip+puppies&hvadid=174258846903&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9030162&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=6491830747148084972&hvtargid=kwd-10896655505&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_9e6536l9sz_e

Amazon may not be the best place to purchase Grip Puppies currently, lots of sites have them. They're foam covers to make grips thicker for bigger hands while also softening the grip. Don't know if they affect heated grips, I don't think so, but I don't have heated anyway (I don't think).

--

·
Registered
77 Posts
I really wish you guys would stop posting all the pics of the Eluder and talking about how great they are. I am 6 months from being debt free and 1 years from retirement. I do not need to go into debt for another motorcycle. It's like ya'll want it to happen or something.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really wish you guys would stop posting all the pics of the Eluder and talking about how great they are. I am 6 months from being debt free and 1 years from retirement. I do not need to go into debt for another motorcycle. It's like ya'll want it to happen or something.
You NEED a retirement present!
Sounds like you already have your eye on just what you need! You only get ONE go around, so make it a good one!

·
Registered
62 Posts
cokerb
I was debt free for several years before I retired. It is a great feeling. I retired when I was 59. I am 64 now.
It took me a long time to decide whether I was going to buy the Star Venture. I was one of the guys who really wanted Yamaha to retain there v4 engine. After taking several test rides on one I deciced I had to have it. It is a great bike.

Chief
I have added a Utopia backrest( a must for me), Yamaha's extra led lights in front, lower wind deflectors. I am working on lighting up the saddle bags and trunk. I also have the brackets for the fork lights that I will be doing.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cokerb
I was debt free for several years before I retired. It is a great feeling. I retired when I was 59. I am 64 now.
It took me a long time to decide whether I was going to buy the Star Venture. I was one of the guys who really wanted Yamaha to retain there v4 engine. After taking several test rides on one I deciced I had to have it. It is a great bike.

Chief
I have added a Utopia backrest( a must for me), Yamaha's extra led lights in front, lower wind deflectors. I am working on lighting up the saddle bags and trunk. I also have the brackets for the fork lights that I will be doing.
Yea, I know. He gave you those for your help. I’m buying my set off of him.
It was a great idea!
I’m thinking I want the lower deflectors myself, but I’ve been concerned about them being in the way of stretching out on my highway pegs (which I still need to get).

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ok, I've got custom passenger pegs. Corbin passenger backrest, his and her cup holders, custom deflectors to block the wind that blows on your knees. Lowers and highway pegs foe me. Foam in the gap above the fog lights to help block rain off your feet. Showchrome windshield and a trailer, plus trunk, saddle bag lights that are installed on a timer so I can't run battery down. Plus a flashing brake light. I'll be going darkside shortly.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, I've got custom passenger pegs. Corbin passenger backrest, his and her cup holders, custom deflectors to block the wind that blows on your knees. Lowers and highway pegs foe me. Foam in the gap above the fog lights to help block rain off your feet. Showchrome windshield and a trailer, plus trunk, saddle bag lights that are installed on a timer so I can't run battery down. Plus a flashing brake light. I'll be going darkside shortly.

I like everything you’ve done so far, but not “too keen” on what you’re gonna do next. All the safety hype aside, the biggest problem I’ve found is getting someone to mount a car tire on a bike rim. If you’re out on a trip and something happens that you need to replace the rear, I think you’re options would be limited. But I can’t say for sure since I haven’t “dark sided”.
Maybe a darksider can address that concern.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have never had an issue but I always remove the tire and take it to them off of the bike. Love the darkside, smoother, safer (run flat), higher weight rating, and lasts a little longer. I suppose if I had issues on the road and my only choice was to replace with a MC tire than I would.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have never had an issue but I always remove the tire and take it to them off of the bike. Love the darkside, smoother, safer (run flat), higher weight rating, and lasts a little longer. I suppose if I had issues on the road and my only choice was to replace with a MC tire than I would.

Maybe, when we meet up for the Rally you’ll allow me the privilege of a short test ride on you’re “darksided” SVTC. I’ve had questions about things that would surely answer.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Foam abo.ve the fog lights. Does that work well? That may be a great idea
You can zoom in on my pic and see where I put the weather stripping. It is unnoticeable. It works well on cold air. Rain seems to get me from other places but it helps on rain too.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts