Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a tank bib for the Sparky but nobody seems to market one. The objective was to protect the top of the tank somewhat and give me a bag to hold things like glasses, garage door opener, possibly a water bottle, and whatever else I might want to put in there.* *I spotted a Hopnel Y60-321CF Carbon Fiber Tuxedo Tie bib that fits V-Star 950s and thought it looked like it could be adapted to the Stratoliner.**

I tucked the front of the bib under to front screws of the gas tank and added a couple of ties to keep the front end in place.* At the rear of the strap* there was a piece of double-sided tape but I added a couple more pieces of double-sided tape in front of the twist-on / twist-off connector for the out-of-the-box small bag and a tie that loops down under the front tab holding the seat in place.*

The pouch attached to the bib is kind of small but I figured I could strap something larger in place to provide more carrying capacity. While I was trying to find a way to strap an extra bag in place I realized I could remove the twist connector from the bag of the small pouch and sew it to whatever else I would like to use.* The result is an easily de-mountable pouch with added capacity.* The pouch is nylon and is not a match to the material of the pouch but the primary objective was function and not fashion

Now, if I can just figure out how to post pictures, I'll show y'all what it looks like.**

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Looks like it'll work pretty good. As hot as it is out there a bottle of water would be a good idea. Glad you figured the picture thing out.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Les, I'm not sure what size of image I can load using Tapatalk so I converted the pictures to 640 x 480 by going to ResizeImage.net.

https://resizeimage.net/ It is a free online size and they delete the photos after 1 hour - or at least that's what it says on the site.

What I did was upload the photo (one at a time) to the site, get their program to resize it, transfer the photos back to my phone (I put them in a new folder) and then use Tapatalk to upload to the forum. It took a little time but was relatively straightforward. No code involved. I would rather use Tapatalk on my pc with Windows but it seems to purely be a smartphone app.

Gawd, I was born in the days of the Etch-A-Sketch. I need to catch up to the 'modern' world. (Smiley Face Emoji)

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I use ImgBB. It's a free hosting site where you upload your pics, then under Imbed Codes choose BBCode full linked, click the copy button, then paste it to your post. You get full sized pictures. I know it sounds complicated but after you do it a couple of times it's really easy. I used TapaTalk before someone told me about this site and I find it a lot easier.

By the way, the bib and pouch looks great.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have never liked tank bibs. I had one on my VTX when i bought it and fell in love with it. Super for glasses. I really miss it. Would put one on the classic if i found the one i like.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use ImgBB. It's a free hosting site where you upload your pics, then under Imbed Codes choose BBCode full linked, click the copy button, then paste it to your post. You get full sized pictures. I know it sounds complicated but after you do it a couple of times it's really easy. I used TapaTalk before someone told me about this site and I find it a lot easier.

By the way, the bib and pouch looks great.
I'll give ImgBB a shot! Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
I have never liked tank bibs. I had one on my VTX when i bought it and fell in love with it. Super for glasses. I really miss it. Would put one on the classic if i found the one i like.
Found one you might like:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts