Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of lowering my 2007 liner. The only kit I can find lowers the rear of the bike 1 3/4". Has anyone done this? I am only 5' 7" tall and the seat height of the liner even with mustang seats has me on the balls of my feet. (not good). I am a little concerned about ground and cornering clearance. The stock clearance on a liner is 6" for the 2007 so that would bring it down to 4 1/4" clearance. I am newbie to bikes and not an aggressive rider. Any help is greatly appreciated......Thanks....Dan

·
Registered
422 Posts
If you want to spend the money you can get a rear shock/spring setup(about $550) and fork springs($80) from Progressive suspension and it will lower the whole bike about 1in, not just the rear. It will keep the bike level so your headlight isn't squirrel hunting.:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
if u want to lower the rear , u can use Progressive and pay the big money or do what i did. the stock yamaha raider dog bones will lower the rear the same as the Progressive and i got a set of them off a, guy from the raider site for just shipping , 15.00

·
Registered
422 Posts
I guess you learn somthin new every day. I never even thought about raider dog bones. You just saved me a buttload of money norman. I didn't want to get the lowering dog bones because I don't want my bike slammed just a little lower so the only option I looked at was progressive. I'm thinkin for around a hundred and change I could get just what I want instead of 600. About how much do the raider dog bones lower it?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks for the info norm. I dont think I want to lower it that far though. I only want to lower it about an 1 inch in the rear and 1inch in the front.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have heard that the heavy duty spring that PCS sell`s will drop the the rear 1/2 inch. i dont think there is anything out there that will lower the rear 1 inch , except for the air ride and thats 800.00

·
Registered
422 Posts
Progressive 465 series you can get 1in lower and Progressive fork springs that has option for 1in or 2in lower.. its about 600 for both. a bit pricey i know but i would rather spend 600 and be happy than 200 and not be happy. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After checking out "Progressive and a few others I went ahead and lowered my liner 1& 3/4" with the slam pkg from "Pacific Coast Star which includes a progressive rear spring,cost $154.00. Installation took about two hours (at least thats what my dealer charged me),so the total was about $250.00. The results were amazing. Bike handles terrific and clearance is no problem and I tried hard to take some pretty heavy curves. I'm not an overly aggressive rider but on average I don't believe there will be any problem for even the most experienced riders. I can now sit my bike with my feet flat on the ground and staying upright when stopping is alot easier LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.