Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

New member here from the middle of Sweden.
Motorcycles is a new interest. In the past there have only been the Ford Mustang. And I have for the past 10+ years been active in the Swedish Mustang Club as their IT-manager.

Have for some weeks ago bought my second motorcycle(the first was a Honda CB650 -81), a Yamaha XVS1100 Custom from 2003. Only 1600km(9900miles) on it.

Have changed to small LED turn signals front and rear allready. :)

Unfortunaly the starter clutch have gone bad. So next project is to change that. The bike wont start anymore.

Daniel

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Hi Daniel! Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Great looking bike, hope you can get your ride back on the road quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home/new-owner-must-do-list here is a link to the Wkb. it tells you all about the 1100. please read about the right way to start the bike which can wreck the starter clutch. also the throttle positioning sensor can cause a problem with the starter clutch. i lnow its to late to prevent the problem you are having with the clutch but you should know this...there is also a section on replacing the clutch, its recommended here to go with oem parts but you should do whats right for you..and check the mid shaft nut, its in the must do list..

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Welcome Daniel from North Carolina! Dude, I KNOW you’ve got some beautiful riding area where you’re at.
Make sure and show us some pics of your ride AND the scenery!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts