Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey, I installed one on my 1100 & it only works on high beam... Any advice before I take it apart & start trying stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
yep, it is ... got it installed already!
Any comments on this yet? I have been looking at these myself. The JW Speaker models are much more expensive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yap, I will join the pack awaiting some idea how it works.

In the meantime, since I try not to move one way or the other (with my bike) without knowing where this will take me, I have a few questions.
1. I looked into the link provided by SilvrT and although it says it is for V-Star, it does not fit the 1999. Any idea why is that and what similar product does fit it?
2. Since this is a 7" light and my stock headlight is 5 3/4", where does one find a corresponding bucket, or does it fit unto the existing bucket?
3. I haven't gone into this until lately, so I am not sure what are the various parts of the headlight SilvrT gave a link to. I assume that the two central elements are for normal and high beam and am mostly curious about the side elements.
4. Did the wiring require any modifications?
Well, that's it for now.
Have a great weekend and keep riding!
Itamar

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yap, I will join the pack awaiting some idea how it works.

In the meantime, since I try not to move one way or the other (with my bike) without knowing where this will take me, I have a few questions.
1. I looked into the link provided by SilvrT and although it says it is for V-Star, it does not fit the 1999. Any idea why is that and what similar product does fit it?
2. Since this is a 7" light and my stock headlight is 5 3/4", where does one find a corresponding bucket, or does it fit unto the existing bucket?
3. I haven't gone into this until lately, so I am not sure what are the various parts of the headlight SilvrT gave a link to. I assume that the two central elements are for normal and high beam and am mostly curious about the side elements.
4. Did the wiring require any modifications?
Well, that's it for now.
Have a great weekend and keep riding!
Itamar
the side or D lenses are on with low beam projector the small one when the large high beam projector come on every bulb stays lit. without those D lenses you wouldn't have any peripheral light because the projectors are so tightly focused

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
lets keep this alive until someone says the cheap daymakers are ok or not worth the effort, it's hard to find an honest video of one being used on an unlit road

1 - 13 of 13 Posts