Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i've got an 06 v star 650 and it sat for 2 months while i was gone all summer. wouldn't start, had to jump it, twice, and even left it hooked up for a bit hoping it'd charge. no luck. got it started and have run it sparingly for the past month but the battery simply won't hold a charge, leaving me to pop the clutch when i actually do ride it.

i'm guessing this is absolutely nothing more than a 3-4 year old battery just being dead at this point? seeing as it ran perfect before i left, and still runs just as well after i get it started. sound about right?

so how much do batteries usually go for? what kind and where can i get one? assuming of course that the dealer is likely overly priced...

thanks all!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have you checked the voltage to the battery while engine is running above 2000 rpm?

My bike is an 06 and last winter, after the bike set for over 2 weeks, the battery started to run down.
I installed a battery tender and left it on there while bike sat and so far haven't had anymore problems. I'll see how it goes this winter with the tender hooked up.

When time comes, I'll order one from Battery Mart as I have dealt with them in the past on batteries for our atvs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts