Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had dealer preseason maintenance performed? Based on how the dealer explained it, I'm having a hard time spending $150 bucks for a few minor checks that I feel a dealer should be doing anyway. Am I missing something? Does anyone know what, if any, work is actually performed?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
That'll be whatever the dealership decides makes up a "preseason maintenance". It should be written out, everything clearly specified.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Our local place printed me off a sheet they go by and it was basically "checking things over" which is always a good thing but he said anyone could easily do it. The most costly thing was an oil and filter change, the rest was lubricating bushings, cables, check belt tension, tire pressure....just common things to check. I've never done it, I change my own oil, check everything myself. I think this year I'll buy some white lithium grease and lightly coat a few things. My bike is a fair weather bike,lol it's only seen rain 2 or 3 times since new and only has about 7600 miles on it so not much chance of things possibly getting rusted or bushings going bad at this point. I'll try to scan and copy the sheet to here.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I would like to see the check list, some of the items you mentioned do take time to preform. Cable lub is time consuming, mix in the hourly rate the dealer charges and it adds up fast. Sounds like if you can do this at home you will safe some cash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts