Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So 13 days from today is my 45th birthday. I, usually, do something special for the 0's and 5's. So this year I am debating between getting a bat-wing fairing for Big Bertha or another tattoo. I cannot decide which. Gonna have to think hard on this one.

What are gifts you guys have bought yourselves as a b-day present?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Last B-day I wanted to get a .308 for myself, but wife figured it out, went ahead and bought it for me, I was too slow, but it worked out! lol

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Usually if I want to get something for myself or someone else, and the idea persists for a while, I just get it.

Days on a calendar and holidays have always seemed like an odd thing to celebrate.

For example: you must be born before midnight and then be on the Earth while it orbits the sun exactly 21 times before you can purchase alcohol.

Think about that for a while. What if we lived on Mars - how many times must Mars orbit the sun before a person can drive a car on Mars?

Its just numbers on a tracking system.

The flip side of this: I often have a difficult time buying presents for people for holidays or birthdays, because I buy people stuff when it seems like a good idea, so when their birthday comes around... dont really need anything.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I usually buy something on the 0's. A tattoo or something I've always wanted to try like a cheese making kit or a metal detector or both a tattoo and something else. Since I was born in 1960 it always happens on the change of decades.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't buy myself anything for my birthday, but I do for the anniversary of when I quit smoking. I do it to kind of reward myself for just laying them down, no treatments or patches or anything, just cold turkey. It is also a reason for me not to pick them back up again, but at this point I no longer have any cravings anyway. Last year I actually got myself a .308. This year I'm thinking a 6.5 creedmoor.

·
Super Moderator
6,013 Posts
Scrumdown, may I suggest an airbrushing of your tattoo design on your fairing and post a picture of it. As for me on my birthday I’m content with buying more ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
959 Posts
Last year I actually got myself a .308. This year I'm thinking a 6.5 creedmoor.
I just bought Mossberg 500 with 2 barrels (one is fully rifled for Sabots) and a scope so I have a deer and turkey gun. Not sure if it counts as my Bday gift (it's in February anyways) so I'm thinking Desert Eagle .50 AE lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts