Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it has been about 40 in mornings now and this morning i road some and had a bad foggin in my modular helvet, HJC IS MAX shield. i30s t will be in

i cracked some and it defogged some but when you stop the breath from nose caused fogging and condensation, cant see well.

what are people using effectively for defog

i have heard ; baby shampoo, vinegar/water, and some other products

thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
I haved used "cat crap" (that is the name), currently I am using Rain-x anti fog. works pretty good. I have to reapply about every 3 days. depending on the amount of rain I am riding in.
Hope this helps.
Doug

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Fog

I hear Rain X will turn plastic dark after a while. I have used it and did not see any ill affects. No big deal for a visor since you probably replace it every year or two anyway. But, I don't think you will want to use it on a windshield.

I have been using a cleaner polish in an aerosol can, Honda Cleaner Polish. Some use Johnson's Lemon Pledge. I don't think the Pledge holds up to water as well.
Dave

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I hear Rain X will turn plastic dark after a while. I have used it and did not see any ill affects. No big deal for a visor since you probably replace it every year or two anyway. But, I don't think you will want to use it on a windshield.

I have been using a cleaner polish in an aerosol can, Honda Cleaner Polish. Some use Johnson's Lemon Pledge. I don't think the Pledge holds up to water as well.
Dave
Can the Pledge be used on all parts, crome, plastic, metal, ect with no ill effects?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Pledge

I have not used Pledge on the metal parts of my bike, I have talked to several people that do and swear by it. I have been using the Honda Cleaner polish for a few years. I did use Pledge on my windshield and visor Was good for cleaning without scratching.

I see it does say for plastic on the bottle of Rain X. I did use it for a short time with no bad results. I stopped using it when several people told me it will turn the plastic dark. It almost seemed to be common knowledge. I would use it on a visor but would not take the chance on my windshield.

Dave

·
Registered
882 Posts
it has been about 40 in mornings now and this morning i road some and had a bad foggin in my modular helvet, HJC IS MAX shield. i30s t will be in

i cracked some and it defogged some but when you stop the breath from nose caused fogging and condensation, cant see well.

what are people using effectively for defog

i have heard ; baby shampoo, vinegar/water, and some other products

thanks

Works for me; http://www.pinlockusa.net/

Real good. And I am a heavy fogging person. :lol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
SHAVING CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It also works on your bathroom mirrors, respirators, scuba and snorkeling masks etc

Best 99 cents you'll spend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts