Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gang. I am about 5 foot 5 and I find that the foot pegs on my 1999 V-Star 650 Classic are too far forward and too low. The most comfortable bike I ever road was a 1983 Yamaha Virago. It fit me perfectly. I've always ridden bikes that had pegs below me....not in front of me. I like to be able to stand up on the pegs when I hit bumps. This way, my body, back and butt do not feel the jolts. Yes, I can reach the front foot pegs easily right now but is there a way to bring the foot pegs back a bit? And maybe a tad higher? My bike has the ordinary foot pegs that fold up.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
The custom has pegs instead of the floor boards, and I think they are a bit further back.

I rode an off-road enduro bike for most of my life, and it feels weird to me too, not being able to stand up on the bike.

Regarding bumps in the road - lean forward when you see them coming. With your body center of mass closer to the center of mass of the motorcycle (over the tank) the bike will have less of a tendency to buck you up like a kicking horse. The bike is more stable that way too. If you are leaning back on the seat and really nail a bump or railroad crossing, the bike will toss you up off the seat.

The one thing you can do is tighten up the rear brake adjustment and bring the brake pedal up a little higher. As the brakes wear down you need to keep bringing that pedal back up over the years.

Im not sure if you could switch the controls on the Classic format over to the ones on the Custom.

BTW, Deplacing front foot pegs <=good one!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts