Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body have any experience with these products? I want some wind protection and can't decide between Buck's Lowers and Desert products. I want to block the wind that comes up around the tank and up in my face.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
See the New Member section posts from "krb". We just chatted (with pix) about them. Bring your wallet...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yeah, they do cost a little bit...

The hand protectors work very well. There is still wind and you can still get cold fingers but they make a difference. Gloves+deflectors is warmer than gloves+liners. And gloves+liners+deflectors keep my hands warm down into the 20s at freeway speeds.

The Dawgs over the crash bars are great for the feet and shins. No more wind or rain blowing up my pants legs. There is still cold wind hitting the front of the knees, though, so suitable legwear is still needed.

But neither of these products will address your concern about wind coming around the tank and into your face. For this, Bucks lowers are probably the right choice.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have similar hand deflectors that I use on our 1100, usually from October to April. They're made by National Cycle, and if I remember correctly they were under $100. They definitely make a difference in the colder weather.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had those on my Nomad, worked great but will not work on a Strat, it has to do with the way the mastercylinder's are made. It gets in the way of the mirror mounting stem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts