Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
I feel I got a decent deal on my 2013 Roadstar, not great by any stretch of the imagination. Probably bought it more on emotion than I normally would have but no regrets. One it’s been a great bike that I love to ride as much now as the day I brought it home, I’ve put around 13k on it in the 54 weeks I’ve owned it.

The 2005 650 I bought for Kelley I feel I got a good deal on. It had only 18k miles, brand new tires front and rear, carbs had just been gone through, oil change and the smiles it gives her are priceless. I paid $2500 for it last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
The last two bikes were free. Keep in mind, the most expensive bikes out there are free.
Please explain how the most expensive bikes out there are "free". Most people I know have to purchase their motorcycles (none free) unless you mean stolen bikes?? (((shrug))).

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
2,005 Posts
Please explain how the most expensive bikes out there are "free". Most people I know have to purchase their motorcycles (none free) unless you mean stolen bikes?? (((shrug))).
It means that getting a 'free' bike usual is one that has lots of issues. For example, the '81 XS650 that was given to me sat in the open air in a back yard from 2001 till I got it titled in my name in 2019. Just getting it titled in my name took several months, lots of paper work and a few hundred dollars. It will take a lot of money to get it road safe, even more to fully restore it. Thus, a free bike is usually expensive.
I've no idea where you get this notion I was referring to a stolen bike.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It means that getting a 'free' bike usual is one that has lots of issues. For example, the '81 XS650 that was given to me sat in the open air in a back yard from 2001 till I got it titled in my name in 2019. Just getting it titled in my name took several months, lots of paper work and a few hundred dollars. It will take a lot of money to get it road safe, even more to fully restore it. Thus, a free bike is usually expensive.
I've no idea where you get this notion I was referring to a stolen bike.
View attachment 105176
Consider me challenged when it comes to mind reading. Now that you explained yourself, the contradictory terms (free and expensive) in your previous sentence makes sense. BTW, there is nothing negative about asking someone what they meant.

·
Registered
2008 YAMAHA XVS650 V-STAR 650
41 Posts
Last April bought a Raven Black 2008 V Star 650 Classic with 1,500 miles for $2,500 from a Yamaha dealer. Stock except for Yamaha saddle bags. Needed new floats and a good carb cleaning and runs great! Working on replacing the tires now as they original and well beyond being safe due to age.

-Eric

21 - 25 of 25 Posts