Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, was thinking about selling my 650 and upgrading to a 1100. What are the major differences? Is this something that is worth going through all the trouble of selling and buying?? Reason I am thinking about going to the 1100 is better highway riding, and longevity.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
I think you will have to take some bikes out for a ride and see for yourself if you like or not...

Personally I have been thinking of keeping my 650 for local riding, but getting a VS1300, Roadstar 1700, or a sport touring FJR1300.

Going water cooled and fuel injected is against my instincts, but its not unthinkable.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I've never ridden a 650 but I got back into biking after 20 years on an 1100 and I found it very easy to get used to. I went with the 1100 because I knew I'd be taking a passenger often and wanted the extra power. It's easy to maneuver around town and has enough power to carry two at highway speeds. Overall, a great inexpensive bike for commuting, taking short highway trips, etc. I was running with some Harleys last summer and had no trouble keeping up, even cruising as fast as 95mph for a few miles (solo). I'm considering upgrading to a Roadstar at some point as we'd like to take some longer highway cruises and the Roadie would handle that better. Not that the 1100 isn't capable, I'd just like something a little bigger for longer trips. Wish I could get both, because I love my 1100 but the budget and storage limits the number of toys I can have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts