Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 950 and have been thinking about changing from the stock OEM bags and rear fender to aa different style of bags and fender.
I have a chance to purchase a pair of Harley extended hard bags. I have also been eying trying to put a different rear fender on to blend the bags to the bike better. What do you think of this idea?
All thoughts and ideas would be helpful?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,474 Posts
I looked at a few pictures on line. Is this what you were thinking? Not to sure about the mostly square bags and the lines of the bike. I like the rounder bags on the Vstar. But everyone has different taste.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The stock bags have tons of room and the thing I liked the best was I could open them and reach in to grab my sunglasses without having to get off the bike.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the look of your bike Lesblank. As a matter of fact, that is pretty close to what I am thinking of doing to my 950. I would like to put the square HD bags on it with a rear fender that goes down lower than a 950 fender. I know a 1300 rear fender fits and I was thinking of using that then make some fender fillers to fit between the bag and fender to complete the look.
I have had the stock Yamaha bags on my bike for about 5 years and would like to change the look of it a little. I think the Yamaha bags need to be a little deeper to update the bike looks. I have a chance to get a pair of HD extended bags for $50 for the pair and am thinking of using them on the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts