Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if I ride around a curve with my brights on, it's just fine. If I have my dims on, I can't see around the curve. It's like someone has their hand over the top of the headlight. Anyone else have this issue? Eventually I'm going to replace the whole thing, as I think it looks too small in the first place, but I'm curious as to if I can fix the problem in the meantime

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no problem seeing on strait roads. I've already adjusted my headlight so I can see strait down the road. I've even tried adjusting it way high to see if that fixed the problem... And it didn't. It DID get the high berms flashed at me by everyone I met though lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly!! I would like to assume I'm not the only one with this issue

·
Registered
570 Posts
And you are not the only one,dfraser. I replaced my head lamp blulb with a higher watt Xenón bulb. 12v 100/80 bulb that I bought at an outo parts store. I do not have any issues with the road in front of me. I would like more side lite but I think that is another Project called "Side Lamps on my crach bars"
Keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Put on a Classic headlight......

·
Registered
456 Posts
And you are not the only one,dfraser. I replaced my head lamp blulb with a higher watt Xenón bulb. 12v 100/80 bulb that I bought at an outo parts store. I do not have any issues with the road in front of me. I would like more side lite but I think that is another Project called "Side Lamps on my crach bars"
Keep the rubber side down.
This is exactly what I will recommend, also check the inside of the headlight and make sure the reflector is clean and not damaged.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is the difference in classic vs custom headlights? I figured they'd be the same thing

·
Registered
456 Posts
The cheap ones burn out quickly. I have found the good ones come from bike dealers or auto stores. the ones from Walmart and other box stores are crap!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been running Sylvania ultra bright quite a while. Real happy with them. Since they don't last as long, I carry a spare in each bike just in case

1 - 14 of 14 Posts