Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I had the opportunity to take my adopted niece, Jamie, out to dinner on my 950t.
Jamie is having major surgery this Tuesday morning, and lost her husband two months ago unexpectedly. Her husband was 28 years old, and they have three little girls.
Jamie knows what a stress reliever riding is for me, and agree to be my passenger tonight. We went to Olive Garden for dinner, then a short ride on the interstate.
Since we've returned, she hasn't stopped talking about how beautiful the stars were tonight, and how relaxed she is facing surgery. I think she's a convert now, and I snapped these two pics of us, and her on the bike in the parking lot. I told her she's now a biker babe.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Tonight I had the opportunity to take my adopted niece, Jamie, out to dinner on my 950t.
Jamie is having major surgery this Tuesday morning, and lost her husband two months ago unexpectedly. Her husband was 28 years old, and they have three little girls.
Jamie knows what a stress reliever riding is for me, and agree to be my passenger tonight. We went to Olive Garden for dinner, then a short ride on the interstate.
Since we've returned, she hasn't stopped talking about how beautiful the stars were tonight, and how relaxed she is facing surgery. I think she's a convert now, and I snapped these two pics of us, and her on the bike in the parking lot. I told her she's now a biker babe.
Glad she enjoyed the ride and I bet she completely forgot the bad for a little while. You say major surgery but may we ask what? Hope everything goes well with surgery. Sorry for her and the kids loss. They will need alot of support from friends and family and you are doing your part. Definitely a biker babe.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's great that she got some time to get out with u and just enjoy what we all take for granted. I hope all goes well with her surgery.

·
Super Moderator
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, she's having a total hysterectomy and repair on other female organs. She's only 27 herself, and she's scared. The last few months she hasn't gotten been able to get out and get away for an evening. Timing was good for both of us, so we took advantage of it. She kept texting me until midnight last night about how much getting out and seeing the stars and feeling the night air relaxed her.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Thanks everyone, she's having a total hysterectomy and repair on other female organs. She's only 27 herself, and she's scared. The last few months she hasn't gotten been able to get out and get away for an evening. Timing was good for both of us, so we took advantage of it. She kept texting me until midnight last night about how much getting out and seeing the stars and feeling the night air relaxed her.
WOW! The only good thing with that surgery is that it is low risk and usually are no complications. Keep up with the support you are giving her as she will need it.

·
Super Moderator
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: Jamie made it thru surgery with flying colors and is resting comfortably. I told her several members commented on my thread about her. She asked me to please update everyone, and said thanks. She also said after she's able, she wants to go riding more to see if a bike is in her future.

·
Super Moderator
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks sonysnek, I'll pass it along. She's already talking about her next ride after she heals up. She has a great spirit.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Very good to hear the operation went well. She has to be a fighter with the odds she is up against. We wish her well and thank you for being there for her. Augie

·
Super Moderator
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Augie, she is a fighter and I sincerely appreciate everyone's input. She's mature beyond her years. She was a great listener for me a couple of years ago, and i always promised I'd be there for her when the time came. She noticed the stress relief riding brought me. Now it's bringing relief for her.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Hi Keith, glad her surgery went well. That is a tough thing to face at 27 but having met you in person...I know she's got a great support system. Hugs to both of you!

·
Super Moderator
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Annie, we both appreciate that. I've kept Jamie updated on all of the positive feedback from this thread. Her comment was, 'I see why you're always bragging about the forum and it's great members. This just proves you were right'. So thanks again to each and everyone of you. She told me yesterday she can't wait to ride again after she's healed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts