• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sorta relates to motorcycle / riding / cruiser culture.

Im curious how many members are divorced.

Have not posted a poll before, not sure how this will work...

·
Registered
218 Posts
This sorta relates to motorcycle / riding / cruiser culture.

Im curious how many members are divorced.

Have not posted a poll before, not sure how this will work...

Thought I was going to be divorced when I told the DW I bought a motorcycle yesterday.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
288 Posts
25+ for me starting in 1994. Buying a motorcycle was actually the thing that nearly ended it. It was an “oh no, you’re not” vs. a “ nothing could possibly stop me” sort of deal. Only took us a decade to recover! ;-)

I’m sort of kidding, but it wasn’t pleasant in the beginning. Dream for me, nightmare for her. She still pretends it doesn’t exist. When the truck stays in the driveway, and i’m gone, she just pretends I’m hitchhiking, or that I’ve taken an Uber.

·
Registered
288 Posts
25+ for me starting in 1994. Buying a motorcycle was actually the thing that nearly ended it. It was an “oh no, you’re not” vs. a “ nothing could possibly stop me” sort of deal. Only took us a decade to recover! ;-)

I’m sort of kidding, but it wasn’t pleasant in the beginning. Dream for me, nightmare for her. She still pretends it doesn’t exist. When the truck stays in the driveway, and i’m gone, she just pretends I’m hitchhiking, or that I’ve taken an Uber.
...and now, it’s nearly NEW BIKE time!!! Gonna be fun...??....!!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
When i bought my vtx 10 years ago my DW of 27 years was on board and actually went with me to buy. It was a toss up i wanted a silver 1300 and she liked the uranium green 1800. We literally tossed a coin she won and i didn't loose. Got the 1800. Lets just say she wasn't excited when i sold the 1800 and went looking for the classic. If i had to be married i am glad it is to her.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Not exactly related to to poll but...

Why does divorce cost so much?

Because it is worth it!
Hmmm I always heard this when talking about spousal relationships...
Why do married men always die first?

Because they want to!

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
^ to be fair, women tend to live longer than men in our culture

and married men tend to live longer than single men

two years ago I had pneumonia, thought I just had the flu. I was trying to tough it out.

If my wife had not insisted I go to the doctor immediately I would have died in my sleep that night.

I could not drink enough fluids, my pulse was racing and climbing, and my blood pressure was dropping. The Dr put two bags of fluids in my veins, then sent me to the hospital.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Oh yes. I joined the club back in '76 or '77.

Got remarried a couple of years later and passed 41 years with her last month.

·
Registered
200 Posts
my ex was actually on board with my riding... she thought it was hot. I sold my last bike post divorce. Kinda the opposite of what I imagine most men did. Go figure. Happy to be back on two wheels since last year and digging not having to ask when and where I can ride it. Kids are with her? Weather is nice? No work? I'm riding! ;)

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I have been divorced, but I've been married now for 22 years. Sometimes you gotta make the wrong decision to know what the right one is. (No motorcycles were harmed during the divorce).

·
Super Moderator
4,499 Posts
Sometimes you gotta make the wrong decision to know what the right one is.
I totally agree. I was married right out of high school for 11 years. We actually get along pretty good after the divorce and attend many family fuctions together. I have both the ex and current wife at most family events, used to seem a little weird but seems natural now. Been married for 33 years this time and absolutely no regrets. My bikes came before both and both love to ride.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Helen and I were married for four years when her daughter was arrested in China for protesting. We tried every legal action to get her a visa but it didn't work. She decided to move back and we divorced about 6 years ago. I talked to her about three weeks ago and she is clerking for her Uncle "the only honest judge in China" and she and her daughter are doing great

·
Registered
218 Posts
Not exactly poll related but:

a fella was teling his friend that his 50th wedding anniversary was coming up.
The friend asked what he was going to get his wife since 50th 's are special.
The fella said I don't know yet. On our 25th anniversary I took her to Hawaii.
Wow. Nice the friend said. What are you going to do to top that?
Fella said: I think I'll go back and get her.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts