Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to use 2 k&m filters today in place of the air box and test it out. I rejetted my carbs already when I put in the high flow exhaust. I noticed on the maxair kit they have a line between the two intake boots I assume is to balance the air flow. Anybody have any current links on doing these yourself?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
You don't need a hose between the filters, that Max Air set up was always kind of goofy. Just run a vent filter. There is no need to "balance the airflow" since the cylinders don't ever both suck in air at the same time. That hose is there to dump excess oil into the intake.

Make sure you are using the correct size jets for that intake....it's totally different jetting than just doing an exhaust. You need to do the mains and shim the needles appropriately.

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home/5-modifications/4-intake-modifications

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
uggh I am going cross eyed on the charts trying to figure out which jets to buy. I have the vance and hines slip ons and pods. It shows slip ons with baffles which the v&h dont have and then moves on to performance and 2 to 1. Basically its a 147.5 for slip ons with baffles or 150 main for full ...I am going to go 150. Planning to do full straight pipes later anyways and I think its closer to a slip on without baffles. Sound ok Mick?

·
Registered
35 Posts
just buy a few jets, they are cheap, start on the smaller side, go up if needed.

BTW that balancing tube would have an effect if it were in the intake manifold, otherwise the air filters are already in the same atmosphere. at best it would draw out the crankcase fumes and burn them in the engine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just buy a few jets, they are cheap, start on the smaller side, go up if needed.

BTW that balancing tube would have an effect if it were in the intake manifold, otherwise the air filters are already in the same atmosphere. at best it would draw out the crankcase fumes and burn them in the engine.
Yeah I didnt see the purpose of it but I was basically building my intake copying what they used

1 - 6 of 6 Posts