Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a picture of a 950 with a mustang seat with the driver backrest. I want to buy one but i'd like to see what it llooks like on the bike first. Surprisingly google images didn't have many options... Thanks in advance.

Josh

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have Vintage Mustang saddles on my 2011 VStar 650 Custom. The Mustang saddles are so superior to factory saddles there is no comparison. I have great lower back support and I have a bad lower back. Go to the Mustang web sight they have many pictures of there saddles on various bikes. Over the years I have had various saddles on a number of bikes you just can't beat Mustang saddles for build quality and comfort.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a09 950with a mustang wide touring seat & cobra sissybar. I Had one on my old 2001 650 classic custom. My butt would go numb after about 20+mi no issues on 200+mi rides now ,wife loves it to. her seat was alittle better on the 650 though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well what's everyone's recomendation as far as comfort? I thought a mustang was the way to go. Is there something more comfortable?

·
Registered
20 Posts
if your butt likes the stock seat stay with it . or test ride a bike with one before shelling out 400+ponies. if you only go on short rides it may not be worth it. I thought I was just getting old till I read review I could've rote.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Peachey there are many motorcycle saddle makers. If you are still undecided maybe you can ask around your local motorcycle community. I am sure you will find someone with a mustang saddle. Sit on one and you will understand why they get such positive reviews. You tube has a mustang factory tour on it another way to get more info. Good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of the responses. The one on ebay that I was going to buy already sold. I may look in to a saddleman as well. I have lower back pain when I ride, so I'd like to find something. I've heard of people modifying their factory seats too. Has anyone had any luck with that?

·
Registered
458 Posts
The single seats that they do have push you forward about an inch any model period. The day trippers they have pull you back about an inch. Its all about what you want and the style. Personnally I admit I give my buddies crap for having back rest on their bikes... We are all sub 30s.,, But when I get older maybe with my day tripper there is plenty of back support and it feels 100 times better than the stock seat on 300 plus mile trips compared to the stock. I sat on one with the solo seats and hated it period made me feel like I was 5 inches higher than normal and way out of proportion with the bike.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I love my Corbin dual tour seat on my Roadstar. I don't ever really ride a passenger but I sure like the way it looks and it does give us a bike that if we go on a long trip and want to take just one bike out for the evening it has a good passenger seat. I love that it was made for the Yamaha star line and has the Vstar stitching :) Oh yeah, and it makes my ass look fast!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mustang seat - love it

I have Mustang seats on my 1100 and I'm real happy with them. Also happy I didn't have to buy them since they were already on the bike when I bought it. I have major lower back problems so comfort is a must. I wasn't sure how I'd do on a long ride (600+ miles in 3 days), but I was fine. They are very comfortable. I'll add that making sure your posture is correct, which has more to do with how the handlebars are set than the seat itself, makes a big difference. If you're reaching too far or too high or low, you'll be uncomfortable no matter what you're sitting on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
--I just ordered a Mustang seat for my '06 650 Classic, got a good deal on Amazon (under $400.) Had a Mustang seat on my '97 Valkyrie and loved it, so looking forward...

·
Registered
20 Posts
here is a pic of my mustang wide tour with an easy modded cobra sissy. bags removed
Simply put I put the L-side bracket on the R side & R on the L . Then re-bent the sissy to widen it 1-5/8. now all I need to do is polish the now outside;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts